stop bots camping

Started by Phobos, February 26, 2013, 05:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
How do I mod a mission so that the bots will constantly run to different cps instead of camping at one in a large mass? Is there a method through mission LUA (or side LVL), or do I have to change the cp weighting or other world LVL elements?

February 26, 2013, 06:19:19 AM #1 Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:41:47 AM by Sereja
Camping at one in a large mass? Hmm... It reminds me process, that I usualy call "meditation" :D, and it may be caused, by incorrect set up, or not enough counts, of barriers and planings. Make sure, your pass, between barriers is wide enough. With planings, some times happens wiered things, so, sometimes, better just delete old hubs, and make new ones.
- Edit
Oh, and if you asking about locals, - they never leave friendly CP, if those CP, have no secondary spawn points line, for locals. So, if you put them in your map - each CP, should have secondary path line.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on February 26, 2013, 06:19:19 AM
Camping at one in a large mass? Hmm... It reminds me process, that I usualy call "meditation" :D, and it may be caused, by incorrect set up, or not enough counts, of barriers and planings. Make sure, your pass, between barriers is wide enough. With planings, some times happens wiered things, so, sometimes, better just delete old hubs, and make new ones.
I don't know what the planning and barriers are set up for, the map is stock Dune Sea. I have disabled captures and enemy team runs to green posts and camps. The locals run to neutral posts and just camp there. There's 50 units spawned at once. I want them to go to different hubs rather than camp at the cp hubs.

QuoteOh, and if you asking about locals, - they never leave friendly CP, if those CP, have no secondary spawn points line, for locals. So, if you put them in your map - each CP, should have secondary path line.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Phobos on February 26, 2013, 05:07:04 AM
How do I mod a mission so that the bots will constantly run to different cps instead of camping at one in a large mass? Is there a method through mission LUA (or side LVL), or do I have to change the cp weighting or other world LVL elements?

I have the same problem with zombie maps.. I tried to add several capture regions spread out through the map and made sure they were inside a planning hub, which sort of helped.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder