Star Fire Side mod - Clone Legions for more maps?

Started by Dieselface, March 28, 2019, 11:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been playing Battlefront with the Star Fire side mod for a couple of months now, and I've been loving it. The only thing that I would change would be having different clone legions on more mod maps, but as the mod itself was never updated, there's only the four that it's compatible with. My question is: is it possible to use the BF1 modding tools to put clone legions on new maps, and if it is, how difficult would it be. I understand that you can't really just post content from someone else's mod without their permission, so I'm not asking anybody to do it and post it here, I'd just like to know how difficult it would be to do in my own game, or if it's doable at all. I don't know much about modding BF1, but it's something I'd be willing to take time to learn to change this.
Some examples of what I would do: Put Coruscant Shock Troopers on the Tantive IV map (the ship is owned by a Galactic Senator so it makes sense to be guarded by Clones that serve the Senate), put Cold Assault Clone on Rhen Var: Dirty Ice (my favorite mod map and I hate having normal Phase I clones on that map when I have the Cold Assault clones on the base Rhen Var maps) and 501st or 212th on Ord Mantell.

It is (sometimes) possible to do this by recreating the map mission LUA (or editing it if you can find it).

It is not always easy though, since you need to know unit names and other items.  You may need to use a hex editor to look into the side files to find the names, and so forth.

If you read through this topic
https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8.0
and learn how to make your own mod map, then you will be on your way to be able to attempt to do what you want.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet