Last night, I was very disappointed

Started by Roxas, July 26, 2013, 03:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 26, 2013, 03:01:38 PM Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:28:46 PM by Roxas
There is a user I know, and him and I are part of a Skype group with a couple other users. All of us were going over nicknames. I ended up with GroundGround. I called him a MeatBag because his name is BagMan. Then, I realized the sheer beauty of that line. None of them got it.

I'm in a chat where no one else  has watched any of the Star Wars films or played Knights of the Old Republic.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan yet I haven't played KOTOR.

July 26, 2013, 05:31:16 PM #2 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:51:22 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 26, 2013, 05:25:49 PM
I'm a huge Star Wars fan yet I haven't played KOTOR.

Same. I know a few friends who have played KOTOR before, and who still play SWTOR, but yeah, never really been interested in the MMORPG/RPG genre much. :P

The two people who like Star Wars: The Clone Wars, also haven't played SW:KOTOR. The world now makes sense.

Also it is an RPG not MMORPG, get it right. (SW:TOR is an MMORPG but SW:KOTOR isn't.)

July 26, 2013, 06:02:57 PM #4 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:13:55 PM by Roxas
Even though they didn't play KotOR, it still hurt to find out that none of them even finished a film.

Don't let it get you down.
Some folks are into other things and may not share your enthusiasm for this or that.
Just keep doing what you do, and when they see you having a good time with it, perhaps they will (or not, so it goes.)

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 26, 2013, 05:48:10 PM
The two people who like Star Wars: The Clone Wars, also haven't played SW:KOTOR. The world now makes sense.
If I played one level of KOTOR and said I didn't like it would my feelings toward it be justified?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 26, 2013, 07:30:56 PM
If I played one level of KOTOR and said I didn't like it would my feelings toward it be justified?
That doesn't really make sense when applied to an RPG, there aren't really any levels. Your thrown into the world and get to explore. Yes there is an end goal, but there are also many side quests to lose yourself in. And simply escaping Taris hardly touches the surface of the game.

I didn't really like the game at first. I was thinking I had wasted my money... Then it became my favorite game of all time.

Total side track...
I just got the rackgoul serum and am about to venture into the sewers. :D
Going for the "Light Side" ending this time.

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 26, 2013, 07:38:00 PM
I didn't really like the game at first. I was thinking I had wasted my money... Then it became my favorite game of all time.
I didn't like TCW at first and was disappointed. It is now my all time favorite TV show. I didn't like TCW's characters over night. [spoiler]I hated Ashoka, Captain Rex and numerous other characters that I love seeing onscreen now. :)[/spoiler]

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 26, 2013, 07:49:44 PM
I didn't like TCW at first and was disappointed. It is now my all time favorite TV show. I didn't like TCW's characters over night. [spoiler]I hated Ashoka, Captain Rex and numerous other characters that I love seeing onscreen now. :)[/spoiler]
I didn't just watch one episode of the show and not like it. I have seen quite a fair bit of it.

Quote from: tirpider on July 26, 2013, 07:47:45 PM
Total side track...
I just got the rackgoul serum and am about to venture into the sewers. :D
Going for the "Light Side" ending this time.
I feel like playing it now... And I'm stuck over at my sisters without access to any of my copies of it. Hm... It's only 3GB to download off Steam...

What was this topic about?

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 26, 2013, 07:53:36 PM
What was this topic about?
Um.............

*checks first post*

*realizes he just went off topic...again.*

July 26, 2013, 08:07:16 PM #12 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:09:22 PM by tirpider
Disappointment.
Being excited about something and finding out you are the only person in the room excited about it.

It is disappointing, but it is also a good thing.
There was once a nice place called Austin, Texas.  Beyond being the capital of Texas it was also a fantastic little community. Home to 2 major colleges, it had a very rich and creative arts and entertainment sub-culture.
A really nice place to just be.
Well, the secret got out and now its covered in scenesters and hipster goo.
Cool book stores are now overpriced McCoffee shops. The 6th street music scene is all heavy bass club garbage.
It has developed "inner-city" problems.  Too many people attaching themselves to the "cool". (kinda how the hippy movement died in San Francisco, but quieter and without all the focus on the bikers.)

What I am getting at is it's ok to be part of small collectives. My experience has seen larger ones become ruined by over crowding and marketers looking to make a profit off folk's willingness to trade money for status.

Quote from: tirpider on July 26, 2013, 08:07:16 PM
Disappointment.
Being excited about something and finding out you are the only person in the room excited about it.

It is disappointing, but it is also a good thing.
There was once a nice place called Austin, Texas.  Beyond being the capital of Texas it was also a fantastic little community. Home to 2 major colleges, it had a very rich and creative arts and entertainment sub-culture.
A really nice place to just be.
Well, the secret got out and now its covered in scenesters and hipster goo.
Cool book stores are now overpriced McCoffee shops. The 6th street music scene is all heavy bass club garbage.
It has developed "inner-city" problems.  Too many people attaching themselves to the "cool". (kinda how the hippy movement died in San Francisco, but quieter and without all the focus on the bikers.)

What I am getting at is it's ok to be part of small collectives. My experience has seen larger ones become ruined by over crowding and marketers looking to make a profit off folk's willingness to trade money for status.

Star Wars is anything but a small collective, though.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on July 26, 2013, 09:03:50 PM
Star Wars is anything but a small collective, though.

When you are in a room full of sparkly vampires and Star Trek fans, it might feel small.