[SOLVED ] .lua question

Started by Snake, March 14, 2011, 07:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 14, 2011, 07:16:47 PM Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:56:01 AM by SnΛke
Hey I saw this in the tat2i.lua file for mos eisley near the top it said
SetTeamAggressiveness(IMP, 0.95)
SetTeamAggressiveness(ALL, 0.95)

What happens if you increase this? I dont understand how theyre aggressiveness can increase.

Also what does SetDenseEnvironment("false") do. What is the visible difference between true and false?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

For the top part, In the shipped guides it said that line of code was obbsolete and had no purpose, the dense enviroment im not complely sure about

Could you test it for me? Just make a map with a few buildings or something and then set it to true and false and see if theres a difference. I can't open zeroeditor so..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

March 15, 2011, 04:38:33 PM #3 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:36:32 PM by Buckler
You can do this with just a mission.lvl munge. 

Battlebelks tool would work or BFbuilderPro.

I thought I remembered that dense environments have an effect on AI aiming, but I can not find the link at the moment that describes that.  It is probably a subtle difference.

update:

Here is the information on the dense environment, taking from the folder
C:\LucasArts\BFBuilder\Documentation\luaguide.htm

>> ReadDataFile here is calling the world.lvl and it's assets here.
>> SetDenseEnvironment affects AI behavior so they are tuned for urban
>> or open combat. SetMinFlyHeight declarations are in meters and you should always
>> make sure your values meet your terrain heights.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Here is the exact information for what this setting does

Quote from: Psych0fred
I've added a setting to the lua mission scripts that tells the AI the mission is urban.  This allows the AI to change some combat behaviors to be more suitable to an urban environment (for example, ATST will not move as much around during combat, since in a tight urban setting they will collide with walls too much).
I've added the setting to all current lua files, so you will only need to add it to any new lua mission files you create:
SetUrbanEnvironment("true")
or
SetUrbanEnvironment("false")
I've renamed the script function, "SetUrbanEnvironment" to "SetDenseEnvironment" since I realized with Endor that I wanted the AI vehicles to behave in the same way in forested environments as in city environments.  The new function name generalizes the environment type better.  I've updated all the lua scripts with this new function name.