So I managed to fix my BF2....

Started by Roxas, March 05, 2013, 09:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a dual core laptop and I was getting the bug where both of my CPUs spontaneously overload and cause the game to crash. I tried to use the affinity setting through task manager but that didn't work. Then I tried putting it in compatibility mode. That fixed it. It also erased my profile. Looks like I'm a Private again.....

March 06, 2013, 04:22:14 AM #1 Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:24:46 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Roxas on March 05, 2013, 09:51:47 PM
I have a dual core laptop and I was getting the bug where both of my CPUs spontaneously overload and cause the game to crash. I tried to use the affinity setting through task manager but that didn't work. Then I tried putting it in compatibility mode. That fixed it. It also erased my profile. Looks like I'm a Private again.....

I run a dual-core laptop as well, though my problem is it doesn't crash (unless someone is using the wrong v1.3 command on a server), but that mine overheats after 1-2 hours of gameplay. Just curios, how long have you been able to play SWBF2 on your laptop for with the compatibility mode on?

EDIT: Nevermind, not what I had in mind for making it work (just now checked out what compatibility mode was). :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 06, 2013, 04:22:14 AM
I run a dual-core laptop as well, though my problem is it doesn't crash (unless someone is using the wrong v1.3 command on a server), but that mine overheats after 1-2 hours of gameplay. Just curios, how long have you been able to play SWBF2 on your laptop for with the compatibility mode on?

EDIT: Nevermind, not what I had in mind for making it work (just now checked out what compatibility mode was). :P
I actually haven't been using the compatibility mode until the crashes started happening. I installed it sometime around Oct./Nov.

My SWBF2 worked fine for a long time, then it started overloading all my cores, until it was choppy and unplayable, even at 800x600.  I have this problem on XP, but have tried Win2000, and even when running the game in a virtual machine.  All temps are good, so it is very strange.