Im happy I finally registered

Started by GennieWon, November 27, 2013, 11:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
how many more topics are there that have got derailed on this site, there has to be at least more than half of them right
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

No way it isn't a spambot. Just look at the way it tried to fill in Personal Text. It found the word person and tried to fill it in with a fake description about itself.

So you're saying it's either a real person spamming, or a very intelligent computer generated bot?

Most languages have the ability to search for and find words within larger strings. And it's not all too complex to write it yourself if it doesn't. The way it go cut off was very indicative of a copy and paste job these spambots often use.

November 27, 2013, 04:00:06 PM #19 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:03:04 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: SleepKiller on November 27, 2013, 03:35:58 PM
Most languages have the ability to search for and find words within larger strings. And it's not all too complex to write it yourself if it doesn't. The way it go cut off was very indicative of a copy and paste job these spambots often use.

Aye, it was a dead giveaway. So, what do we do? Do we let him and this topic sit here, or do we remove it all from existence? :P

EDIT: Nevermind, I see his entire profile has been erased, so the only existence of his presence is this topic. Also, do you think we'll get more of these spambot sorts? Or do you think it will continue as it has with profiles having advertisement URLs and sigs. :P

Every so often one shows up that has been programmed to post. I hope we don't see a sudden influx of them, but you never know.

NUuUU Nooo no no no no. We should rename the topic and turn it into a SUPERRAVE PARTY
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

maybe the site needs more advanced captcha to stop the spambots from registering

I second Phobos and King we need a better captcha and to rename this forum, and you guys haven't answered me, how many topics have derailed on this site

November 27, 2013, 05:34:28 PM #24 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:37:38 PM by Buckler
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 27, 2013, 05:14:52 PM
I second Phobos and King we need a better captcha and to rename this forum, and you guys haven't answered me, how many topics have derailed on this site

You have 239 posts, so I would guess 239.

And I believe we have the up-to-date captcha for SMF.

edit: we use recaptcha, apparently there is also another version
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yea all the topics that were made after I joined in July were suddenly derailed by a "Cosmic force" that hates me and this site DUH DUH DAAAAAAAAAAA

Say, since we are on the topic of being erratic and topic derailing;
Who changed my personal text? Haha, I probably would have never noticed..