Elite Corps - A BF1 Skin Project

Started by 411Remnant, May 16, 2013, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

November or christmas release?

November!
Christmas!
December 18th 2015!

A large scale skin project is something I always wanted to attmept. So with 2 weeks free time, I bring you the frist of several rev ups. Enter 501st will be the Vehicle and Unit skin replacement for the empire and the first of phase one to be completed. What do you think of our first skin so far?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Looks pretty nice! I like this project your doing. Keep up the good work! :tu:

May 16, 2013, 09:43:38 PM #3 Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:22:14 PM by 411Remnant
Still adding in some higher resolution textures for the arms. I would say its shaping up rather nicely, thanks for the kind replys guys.

Edit: Brief Update, I think its safe to say the Scount Recon Trooper is Done.

Edit: Wrong pic, here is the current and final version of of him.

Wow, impressive
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Some of the best skins I have seen, great job.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Its quite good. Very impressive!
My only suggestion (and this may be just me), but perhaps add a little more black "scrape marks" to the upper torso white armor piece, kinda like he bashed up againsted something hard and scraped up his armor.
Not to much like he just come out of a bomb shelter, but just a little more perhaps.

May 17, 2013, 04:54:33 PM #8 Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:58:02 PM by 411Remnant
Currenetly Re-doing the scout trooper. I looked into the depths of the assest section to find these wonderful SWBF2 override textures by Tirpider. The retian what I liked about both games, also the more detialed skins from SWBF2 look even better with my little method of increasing quality.

While you gentlemen wait for the reskin of scouty, here is what I have done so far on the storm trooper.

I feel like he needs more, maybe some around his torso or an improved version of the waste belt thingy. Im consdering turning this into a side replacement mod. Funny story, this guy was going to look more like the 501st Storm Commander in TFU, but becuase of the geometry of the  BF1 armor, the line parts came out zig zagged.  Really did not want to switch to the BF2 model, so re-did the torso to match the color scheme with different patterns.

@Republic Commando, ill take that into to some consideration. I think tirpiders scout override texture will pop out more with those battle marks.

May 17, 2013, 04:56:57 PM #9 Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:58:40 PM by Josh
Quote from: 411Remnant on May 17, 2013, 04:54:33 PM
here is what I have done so far on the storm trooper.

I feel like he needs more, maybe some around his torso or an improved version of the waste belt thingy. Im consdering turning this into a side replacement mod.

@Republic Commando, ill take that into to some consideration. I think tirpiders scout override texture will pop out more with those battle marks.
Hmm...     I think that would look better as white and black or black and red or white and red, doesnt look natural white and blue, maybe it's just me, but it looks very good anyways.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Awesome... This is exactly why I started the OTC project.

If you get to a point where you need the OTC treatment on a BF1 or 2 asset, let me know and I'll try to get it up as quick as I can.  (The project has been paused while I rebuild some old tools, but wont be complete till they are all done.)

May 17, 2013, 06:10:08 PM #11 Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:12:26 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Pretty sweet! I have another suggestion, on his hands and in-between joins, perhaps do something like this sort of texture: [spoiler][/spoiler]. If you don't cover up the little white piece of armor on his hands, and DO cover up the rest of the black places on the model (joins) it looks pretty sweet.

I think I did that to the unit I'm working on, thats in my signature. I don't have very good screen shots to show though.. They all get blurred and don't look right.
edit- Yeah, you can hardly tell on mine, but it looks nice in-game and in MSH viewer!

May 18, 2013, 09:38:39 AM #12 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:38:08 PM by UNIT 33

Well here is more less the final design. There will be a white version and this Spec Ops version.

@Republic commando, thanks for the texture, but I dont think ill need it this time (Already created a custom mesh prior). Ill have to play with it with another skin though. :p

@Josh, Im going to keep the blue becuase lol then he wouldn't be 501st. Maybe in the future I will try some different colors, but blue is something my heart is set on. With the updated white version, the blue matches a lot better.

@tirpider Clone skins would be nice, when you get the time of course. Its going to take me weeks to finish other skins.

I like this one.

heh, Clones.

I believe most (especially the bf2 ones) are already override compatible. I haven't inventoried them to be certain, though.

I'll crank the machine back up and go over them.  Some only have partial support and just need some nulls moved around to make it apply to the whole model.

One major caveat when working with the OTC units, if the original had cloth in bf2, then the OTC will either have a replacement or nothing in it's place. 

On the clones, this will result in hexed on Kama's (which other folks have done as well) and won't be much of an issue.  But for units with big capes or full skirts (lots of Jedi have cloth in weird places), I don't really have a replacement for those pieces yet.

Regardless, I don't alter the UV's so you could skin them as normal and it would look the same on the OTC variants.

Quote from: 411Remnant on May 18, 2013, 12:08:27 PM

I like this one.

That is insanely awesome. I love the eyes. I may use these in the SWBF1 Museum.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder