New "standard" sides

Started by Led, October 22, 2011, 09:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah I'm meaning what does the empire see it as.

the empire?

well, the empire ai will see it as a friendly soldier, except when he reveals himself

empire human players will most likely see their reticule turn red when they aim at them, and a red (indicating enemy) colored name tag above the person's head, and will notice when the disguised person starts throwing grenades and bombs at them.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

So the disguise kit is not a very good multiplayer item is it?

not exactly. you could make the unit walk really fast, though, but that would mess up the walking animation (the animation wouldn't actually take place it'd just glide along)
Current Projects:

The sulution then would be giving it the weapons you suggested.

October 22, 2011, 09:03:46 PM #20 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:23:06 PM by jdee-barc
alright. i'll upload it, and the effects.

included is the effects folder from my mod. credit Sky_216 and Arc_Commander
Credit me for the weapon odfs, and repsharpshooter for the model. that applys to everyone (!!!) who downloads it.

-give your unit only one set of ammo for this weapon. it already has 150 rounds per clip.

@sleepkiller. i wouldn't edit this thing unless it really makes everything really unbalanced. i mean, it was balanced in my mod, without ever being changed a bit. it's a primary weapon, uses this rifle model.

Link 1 (short link)
http://db.tt/lR07BlF6

Link 2. (dropbox link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33403316/poisoncarbine_for_swbfgamers.zip
Current Projects:

Although the Disguise Kit would need to be replaced, maybe a Flamethrower?

the neuro-poison carbine is here (check above post), to replace the disguise kit. so there would be some variety. maybe give the cis the flamethrower, for use against the jet trooper.
Current Projects:

But I like the flame thrower it looks cool :)

October 22, 2011, 09:40:45 PM #24 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:47:33 PM by jdee-barc
hmmmmmm (*in deep  thought :dry:*). now that you mention it, the flamethrower would be a better idea for the rebels. why not give the poison gun to the cis' special unit (if the droideka's being replaced for this community mod)
Current Projects:

Now that you mention that it would make more sense wouldn't it.

:D (no thats not me)
Current Projects:

Ive played the disguise kit on a multiplayer mod, but I cant remember which one...

and that looks like Teal'c from stargate  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet