February 12, 2009, 10:02:17 PM Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:01:20 PM by Buckler
local link
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=618

Coming soon...

Travel trough the woods

Search for the enemies cargo...

Destroy..

Victory.

Coming to your AddOn folder this weekend.

90% complete

looking good BD.  What kinda size? Looks like a good skirmish map?

Hmm...I'd say it's about medium, more on the small size though.

Very nice Breakdown! I've played search and destroy in CoD2, but I know this will be different then that. :)

Is there a way that the game recognizes a win if you destroy the cargo?

There would be no way- as SWBF doesn't have literal GameModes, so no scores would have to be done by the players.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

could you look if you fall in the water that the game not crashes?
because i had that whit sith1

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Well, whoever destroys the other teams cargo first wins, so you got to think fast and use strategy. I pretty much desiged this/the sides with multiplayer in mind.

What needs to be done:

Some tweaking to the map
Custom Sides
Carg tweaking

Done!

Expect a download link sometime this afternoon or tomorrow...somethign might screw up..it is Friday the 13th after all :O

The best thing I had in mind if you want it to be so that you win if you destroy the cargo is to set the cargo as the command post yet to make it destructable.

#TYBG

Looks like a really good start.

One suggestion is to raise the edges of the map into hills/mountains, or put something there (like a big mountain range mesh) to get rid of that flat horizon, it looks un-natural and bad.   You could also place destructible doors on the buildings that have the cargo in them.

Well here it is!

ReadMe:

oods: Search and Destroy Beta

Thanks for downloading Woods: Search and Destroy Beta!

To install: place wsad1 in your AddOn folder.

This map was made as a experiment to try and create a new "game mode" for SWBF.
OF course, it isn't true to usual Search and Destroys found in games, rather
it is my own twist on it.

Travel through the woods, find the enemies cargo and destroy!

I had to add a neutral CP, which sort of ruins the SnD aspect in a way,
but without it, in SP everytime I destroyed the cargo it would crash..so it was my only choice
really.

Each team has two units with the same weapons:

Defense Soldier

Rifle
Sniper Rifle
Fusion Cutter (to heal cargo)
Mines (to protect the cargo)

Demolitions Soldier (to destroy the cargo)

Rocket Launcher
Mortar Launcher
Thermal Detonators
Time Bombs

Bugs:

- There is a big black box in the sky where the sun is..no idea
how to fix it, doesn't affect gameplay much so I probably won't fix

- The ground texture loos pixelated

- The AI isn't very intelligent. (They never are anyway)

Things to include in next release:

-vehicles

If you have any bug reports or comments,
post on www.mpcgamers.com/forums and find the topic in Mod Factory

I hope you enjoy!

-Breakdown

Download Here

(HC or JK - Feel free to move this to "releases")

Leave all comments here please! Or at SWBFFiles when I get it uploaded there.

thats a real good looking map. I had fun playing it although multiplayer would have been way better!  I can see a good few tactics being employed with this type of map!
Does the centre CP have to be cappable?  Does it still crash with out the regions in the centre CP? Cos if not you could hide the CP under the cargo (low enough so as not to see the glow and add a second neutral CP under the other cargo just to even up the minimap.

Should the ticket bleed kick in after you destroy the cargo or should you just get a victory countdown?  You were also thinking on adding vehicles...I think it's good as it is...maybe just a few speeder bikes.

Quote from: "Dresh"thats a real good looking map. I had fun playing it although multiplayer would have been way better!  I can see a good few tactics being employed with this type of map!
Does the centre CP have to be cappable?  Does it still crash with out the regions in the centre CP? Cos if not you could hide the CP under the cargo (low enough so as not to see the glow and add a second neutral CP under the other cargo just to even up the minimap.

Should the ticket bleed kick in after you destroy the cargo or should you just get a victory countdown?  You were also thinking on adding vehicles...I think it's good as it is...maybe just a few speeder bikes.

I'll play you on it if you host a DC.

My review:

The Good:

-   Fun! Fun! Fun!
-   Well placed props in the map
-   As close to S&D as you can get and it works well.
-   Well placed bot routes (even though they will fall in the water from time to time)

The Bad:

-   The Mac version of Battlefront HATES Endor props (trees, plants, etc)
-   The clone CP spawns in the Out of Bounds zone occasionally
-   Bots will blitz in the Neutral CP instead of destroying the cargo.
-   The spawn area of the Neutral CP faces the opposite direction of the bridge.
-   Spawns aren't near the cargo (which is necessary)

The map overall is really great! I had a lot of fun both online and offline. The props where placed just fine and you don't see like 20 trees in mid-air (Mygeeto). The bots are very challenging on Hard (which means the bot routes work) although they will fall in the water from time to time. Your objective is to "Protect Your Base" and it feels original than the usual capturing CPs. It's fun, it's new, and it's probably one of your best maps.

The cons of the map are pretty much explained above. I was getting very low FPS on the Mac version of the game due to the fact that it's the Mac version of the game. The PC version of the game runs at 27-62 FPS (that was not an exaggerated statistic) on my machine w/ the view and lod on max so it's not all that bad. The Spawn Points need to be revised as well.

That's pretty much it. Overall it's an excellent map that gives SWBF a new feel and strategy involved. It's not perfect but it's a keeper. I will be playing this map for a long while. I really hope you make more of these S&D themed maps.

Balance: 9
Quality: 8
FunFactor: 8
Stability: 7
Creativity: 10
Item Placement: 10
Size vs. Usefulness: 7

Overall: 9 (not an average)

#TYBG