[EVENT] SWBF1 Festival: Drop Ideas & Suggestions

Started by Anyder, February 25, 2020, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey there guys!

After checking the poll's result I thought maybe we could give a shot to hosting another event.
This event will be called SWBFI Festival, and will be hosted the last Friday of every month at 10:30PM GMT+1 / 4:30PM EST.

Unlike most events we hosted in the past, we will not be hosting nothing but core maps, unless we choose to do something different. The point is that, if there are other players around, we can welcome them to join us, instead of limiting the access by adding mod maps.

There will be no clans or teams to join -- instead people will be have to pick 1 side: Clones/Rebels or CIS/Empire, and will stick to this side during all the events.

As for the maps we have available the following, and in every event we will host 2 of them on both eras:

• Bespin: Cloud City
  • Bespin: Platforms
  • Endor
  • Geonosis
  • Hoth
  • Kamino
  • Rhen Var: Citadel
  • Rhen Var: Harbour
  • Tatooine: Dune Sea
  • Tatooine: Mos Eisley
  • Tatooine: Jabba's Palace
  • Yavin: Arena
I will not be writing any "rules" here as I think we all know how to behave in a game, don't we? Well, just in case, please avoid the following:

- Teamkill is always off and all servers shall be /noaim.
- Be polite in the chats -- no disrespecting at all.

Everyone who signs up here will be allowed to choose the side they want (we will be listing them in the event reminders posted the monday before the event), but remember that the target is to make teams balanced. If someone not listed joins the server, let them enjoy the game, and encourage them to check our forum so that we can count on them for the following matches.

I'm not sure on whether I'm missing something or not, so feel free to drop your ideas! We will be starting with the event in March, and I will be promoting the event around the 9th. If anyone wants to help promoting it, feel free to do so  :cheers:

If there are any problems, feel free to send me an email (communityambassador@swbfgamers.com) and I'll get it solved ASAP!
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your time!
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Sounds good.. I'll do my best to make it. I agree with most of what you said, just put in a few of the best maps and keep it simple for the first event to encourage people to join. I think player numbers are the most important thing.

Only thing I would suggest is to have it on a Saturday instead so it can start earlier and run for longer with the different time zones. Saturday usually means US players can start earlier and European players can play later.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I can agree with that.  Saturday is easier to make for me - 10:30pm is getting late for EU players and for some US players it's too early (not many).

Other than that, I'd like to join too if my schedule doesn't conflict.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I'll join! I suggest adding Kashyyyk: Docks to the available maps.

Quote from: ThePlushieZone on February 28, 2020, 08:43:28 AM
PC or PS2?
PC

Quote from: Klexmer on February 29, 2020, 08:17:18 AM
I'll join! I suggest adding Kashyyyk: Docks to the available maps.
Count on it!

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on February 26, 2020, 06:30:38 AM
I can agree with that.  Saturday is easier to make for me - 10:30pm is getting late for EU players and for some US players it's too early (not many).

Other than that, I'd like to join too if my schedule doesn't conflict.
Feedback taken!  :cheers:

I'll finish the details ASAP and create a new thread during the weekend to start promoting the event.  :cheer:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Definitely will try and make it at the end of this month!
Former {FD}Leader.Fire