Halo 1 for PC

Started by Snake, February 11, 2010, 07:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I heard from a friend that there are mod tools for halo 1 (Probably is) but he said it is possible to bring halo to swbf1, I have never seen it done, does anyone know how or where to download the halo tools?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

February 11, 2010, 07:14:19 PM #1 Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:45:32 PM by ag
Technically, it's not possible to fully recreate Halo in SWBF1 due to the restrictions of the Zero Engine however if you're interested in the Halo Mod Tools, here's the easiest way to find out where to get it:

Clicky Here

Edit: ok sorry about the link it's not personal, it's just something I want people to get used to doing

#TYBG

I have googled them several times and wasnt sure what to download thats why i posted.. -_- and yes all I want is to bring some characters or weapons over, not the campaign.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I wish so, so much this was possible.

Imagine playing SWBF multiplayer in Blood Gulch.

Imagine a Red vs. Blue CTF game in Cloud City.

Here is the deal, its not legal, you can not legally port models from one game to another unless the company allows it. this is said in the ELUA and as far as i now Halo does not allow this, few games do.

That being said, you could easily recreate a model that looked just like it, http://www.xfire.com/video/41e53/

As you can see in the video this has been done with some, the Elite and Ghost as i recall were in the works by VF501, i do not know if he finished those, or is still working on them but it is possible.

So my suggestion is this, first off check if what you want to do is legal, as i can almost promise its not, and then learn to model and get working on models if you want to make it i'd love to see a "Halo: Battlefront" mod.

QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Wait, are we talking about weapon models, enemy models, actual weapons, or maps? Or all of them?

Any Asset content, unit models, weapon models, world models, textures, anything that was made by the bungie team, that you could "port" over in practice is likely locked out by the ELUA

February 22, 2010, 08:25:48 AM #7 Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 08:43:41 AM by Mac
Sorry for the ten day bump folks, but I've dug through my Hardrive and found something interesting: a Halo Mod Beta. So basically, there's a Halo Mod Beta for SWBF somewhere out there. Since it's illegal, I think I'll have to let you find it on your own though. It's only imp.lvl so it's going to be kinda crappy seeing as you'll be facing normal rebels. However, the weapons are extremely fun to use.

Edit: Found another topic talking about the Halo Mod and I found a link to it here. Sorry to bring this up, still here it is.

Here are some photos that came with the download:

LOL, with the plasma gernade!

Newest one!

what about illegal now?

That mod is pretty fun though.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

do the plasma grenades actually stick to people?!  :o

The Plasma Grenades in that mod do stick to players and vehicles (maybe not vehicles but they should easily be able to)

The Mod that Mac is talking about is uploaded here, and can be downloaded in our downloads section, there is nothing illegal that was used in that mod, all of the skins and models are ether stock SWBF or hand done skins and custom weapons that are similar to Halo CE's

Link to the mod: http://www.mpcgamers.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=249

Link to a topic to discuss the mod: http://www.mpcgamers.com/smf/index.php?topic=1620.msg18517#msg18517

Or you can start another topic for it.

Even though i have quit playing SWBF, I just have to play this one!

Newest one!

What is the shiny jet black dark trooper supposed to be?

Looks like it's supposed to be an odst. Kinda. It's an interesting concept exept for the fact that they are just retextured storm troopers.