SWCG is BACK!

Started by Kit Fisto, June 17, 2013, 07:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 17, 2013, 07:23:20 PM Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:53:16 PM by Kit Fisto
Hey guys, so me and my little brother decided to start a YouTube channel just for fun. It isn't anything serious and it's more fun than anything else.
We are calling the series SWCG, or Star Wars Commentary Gaming. We will be playing the couple of 2 player games we have and commentating during the gameplay.

Do me a favor and go in with low expectations. We filmed with an iPad and the quality is kinda bad, but I'm not going to invest $$ into a camera and microphones. So tell me what you think! It's not supposed to be professional, just like you're sitting in the room watching us play together.

Our first video is Battlefront on the PS2 and an unintentional CC dual the entire map!

Our second video is Lego Star Wars II, read the description on the video because we made a boo boo talking about Sharad and A'Sharad Hett.  :slap: (it's uploading as I create this topic so you might not see it for a while)
EDIT: Lego Star Wars II video is up as well.

Here is the channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/kitfisto15678/videos

Subscribe if you like the commentary or just leave a like. Remember, low expectations. Just go in thinking, these guys are just having fun.  :wave:

Actually that was pretty enjoyable.  :tu: you should do more, its a lot better than people whom use  unregistered versions of bandicam with the poopy(Well the other word for poo that ryhmes with flap) frame chops. I can see stuff here pretty clearly and your voice was pretty clear.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Why thanks Twinkey! That means a lot, we weren't even concentrating on speaking clearly and all of that. After like 10 seconds into the video we played like we weren't even recording.
We actually recorded Episode III gameplay but I haven't put it up yet. (slow internet)

June 17, 2013, 07:40:47 PM #3 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:40:57 PM by Phobos
bandicam is legit and not choppy for me (150 fps smooth no lag) i definitely prefer normal vids over obnoxious overedited intros

Ah, fun.

What you did there is exactly why folks make 2 player video games.

Subscribed.

June 17, 2013, 08:51:32 PM #5 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:55:20 PM by 411Remnant
Quote from: Phobos on June 17, 2013, 07:40:47 PM
bandicam is legit and not choppy for me (150 fps smooth no lag) i definitely prefer normal vids over obnoxious overedited intros
what the heck? lol, Im sorry. Ive never watched your videos(Go ahead and link me because I had no idea I  had insulted you). I wasn't addressing you nor was it meant to insult anyone on here. I just meant that ive seen some horrific choppy 14 frames per second bandicam videos(Like the bad kind from little kiddes who dont know how to record a proper videos). I am really surprised by your message and again, I wasn't addressing you. You know I wouldn't call out someone one here and insult anyone like that. I cant seem to send you pm, like im blocked or something. This really is a huge misunderstanding.

obnoxious overedited intros

Im going to take that as misunderstood retaliation, something you really shouldn't have done because I wasn't aiming any guns at you as a person or even specifically.  :confused: Ive never seen your videos and if you feel like I insulted you,  it's something I didn't intend. You have my apologies anyway sir.

there wouldn't be a reason for me to do that, especially towards you because you've been really kind and helped me understand some things regarding mods.

June 17, 2013, 08:56:05 PM #6 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:03:53 PM by Phobos
ok my mistake. I was under the impression bandicam was uncommonly used for bf1 players cuz i had not heard of anyone using it before. and just found it recently. i also really like how it records smaller video sizes than other apps, so I was somewhat offended by your comments about it.

Quote from: 411Remnant on June 17, 2013, 08:51:32 PM
what the heck? lol, Im sorry. Ive never watched your videos(Go ahead and link me because I had no idea I  had insulted you). I wasn't addressing you nor was it meant to insult anyone on here. I just meant that ive seen some horrific choppy 14 frames per second bandicam videos(Like the bad kind from little kiddes who dont know how to record a proper videos). I am really surprised by your message and again, I wasn't addressing you. You know I wouldn't call out someone one here and insult anyone like that. I cant seem to send you pm, like im blocked or something. This really is a huge misunderstanding.

obnoxious overedited intros

Im going to take that as misunderstood retaliation, something you really shouldn't have done because I wasn't aiming any guns at you as a person or even specifically.  :confused: Ive never seen your videos and if you feel like I insulted you,  it's something I didn't intend. You have my apologies anyway sir.

there wouldn't be a reason for me to do that, especially towards you because you've been really kind and helped me understand some things regarding mods.

Apologized like a sir. :P

I liked the SWBF video as well, just friendly commentary between each other. I liked it, also subbed. :D

June 17, 2013, 09:14:13 PM #8 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:25:17 PM by 411Remnant
Quote from: Phobos on June 17, 2013, 08:56:05 PM
ok my mistake. I was under the impression bandicam was uncommonly used for bf1 players cuz i had not heard of anyone using it before. and just found it recently. i also really like how it records smaller video sizes than other apps, so I was somewhat offended by your comments about it.
You really shouldn't, I use bandicam registered as well. I wasn't insulting the product, I was kinda making a joke about people who don't bother to set their settings up a little better(or don't bother to learn how to use it). Their isn't that many ppl using bandicam for battlefront, my joke was towards some gaming recordings in general, like choppy game plays that look like they are recorded with potatoes and have rock (rock is fine, my favorite genre, but the same song gets overused sometimes or unfitting music playing to accommodate the quality. I saw your video, its good quality and that beat be dropping hard.

Yep, many players either don't have the right hardware to record high quality, or misconfigure the settings (using wrong resolution for example). I see what you were saying now. Glad you liked the mod and video.

Ignore the people disliking the videos. I for one like it, two guys just having some fun playing a game together. If you ever get the ability to or would like to I would gladly join in on the fun one time with you on something that we could play online together. Just an offer you don't have to take me up on it ;)

PS. Regarding your signature, Led has seven copies I do believe. And I for one own SWBF across the PC, xBox and PS2. Mac doesn't count as a platform...

Quote from: 411Remnant on June 17, 2013, 08:51:32 PM
what the heck? lol, Im sorry. Ive never watched your videos(Go ahead and link me because I had no idea I  had insulted you). I wasn't addressing you nor was it meant to insult anyone on here.

I think maybe you took phobo's post too personally.  Regarding the intros, he has stated similar views several times in the past--it is just his personal preference.

Reading the rest of the thread, it appears to have all worked out.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 18, 2013, 02:51:51 AM
Ignore the people disliking the videos. I for one like it, two guys just having some fun playing a game together. If you ever get the ability to or would like to I would gladly join in on the fun one time with you on something that we could play online together. Just an offer you don't have to take me up on it ;)
That would be very fun. I enjoyed playing with you before the shutdown and I would like to find a way again. I can run SWBFII online with no problems, I don't know how I would talk to you though. Skype? I've never used that before. You can PM me details if you want to get this going! It's summer so I've got lots of time. :cheers:

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 18, 2013, 02:51:51 AM
PS. Regarding your signature, Led has seven copies I do believe. And I for one own SWBF across the PC, xBox and PS2. Mac doesn't count as a platform...
Um... Well... I've got the Prima Guide so that must count for something!
Mac should count as a platform even though its a port of the game from PC. Because it won't work on any other OS except Mac OSX. ;)

The video was good. I would like to say that why just do SW games? I would love to see you do other games too, then you may get more people watching your vids, and more people buying SWBF.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on June 18, 2013, 08:07:32 AM
I would like to say that why just do SW games? I would love to see you do other games too, then you may get more people watching your vids, and more people buying SWBF.
Well there are a couple reasons.
I just don't have fun playing video games that aren't Star Wars. It's kinda hard to explain, but I get bored real fast. I can play any Star Wars game for hours, but give me a modern shooter and I'll be bored very soon.

And I like to promote Star Wars and this site, no matter what videos I do I'll always mention this site in the description. But the above reason is more prominent. I just don't like non-Star Wars games. I get bored fast.

Its like reading a different series of books. Lets say you like the Artemis Fowl series but you hate the Inkheart series. They are both fantasy and they are both meant for the same age group, you just like the Artemis Fowl and you get bored with Inkheart series. (I read those books like 4 years ago and Artemis Fowl is better. ;) )