Community Montage 2

Started by SirPimped, March 02, 2013, 11:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ah. Too bad I can't record. I got a really good half-map kill with the Droid Pilot last week.

Quote from: Roxas on March 03, 2013, 04:53:15 PM
Ah. Too bad I can't record. I got a really good half-map kill with the Droid Pilot last week.

try fraps. http://www.fraps.com/

Quote from: Are§ on March 03, 2013, 05:47:33 PM
try fraps. http://www.fraps.com/
No I mean I can't record. I lag (even in single player) too much to get any good footage. Not to mention fraps takes a  :censored:-ton of space. If I'm lucky I usually have 20gb on my laptop. Right now I'm at 6.96. Going through all of my folders and stuff to transfer downloads and backups to my external and NAS takes time. My laptop only has 4gb of DDR2 RAM which is a shame as I have two four gigabyte sticks of DDR3 RAM in my garage. I looked around but I didn't have any 4gb DDR2.

March 03, 2013, 06:31:06 PM #18 Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:07:55 PM by -RepublicCommando-

Edit: I think someone edited this and removed comment :K

Isnt it at times like these where you hate ur laptop :P
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: [FC]Helios on March 03, 2013, 06:47:54 PM
Isnt it at times like these where you hate ur laptop :P
Well...I kind of bricked the family desktop while trying to turn my external hard-drive into a portable Unbutu OS. I never fixed it lol. That baby probably has the firepower I need to record stuff. I know it has 8gb of RAM. It's been sitting under the table since November last year gaining dust. I could fix it but.....yeah not going to happen.

I managed to wipe the OS twice on my laptop and once on the desktop before I just said  :censored:-it, I quit. I'm not going to try this again.

Off topic sorry, you can increase your RAM with a thumbdrive. Google Readyboost. 

Quote from: SirPimped on March 03, 2013, 01:58:03 PM
Also guys, I'm not looking for just air kills. I do get a lot of those. Kill sprees would be awesome to have. I define a kill spree as 3 or more kills in about 12 seconds or less. Also if you get a cool head shot or a kill that is out of the ordinary, those would all work.

You mean kills of epic proportion :P Knock you and your mother down into the street epic.

I can help Pimped :D I will see what I can spare from my own collection :P

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Everyone one lags when they record. I get about 8 - 10 FPS when I record. You just have to get use to it.

My PC has 1 GB of RAM (its a , same for Graphic card) and I can record with 30 FPS (not using Noframe command).
Also not everybody lags ?! Klaos has a better PC (B GB RAM and a much better Graphic Card and he doesnt lag
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

You're going to need a good CPU to record videos in game without lag (not just a good video card and ram). I suggest one with 4 cores.

Maybe if some of yall don't want to record while fighting because of lag, I could go in freecamera, and record you from another angle, that way, you won't have lag, and you'll get better camera shots!

If you ever see me on, I'll probably be able to record you, so just xfire me (im usually on xfire while play swbf)

I don't really record stuff much, but I can share a few clips if you want  :)

March 13, 2013, 10:16:39 AM #27 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:10:40 PM by SirPimped
UPDATE:

I am now on spring break so I have had time to edit my videos the past few days. I have finished "Limits" and "Lag Video 3" and now I have begun to focus on the Community Montage 2. I have already finished the intro, so I will need at least one clip per person on this list. If your name is in bold I still need a clip from you. Please record one ASAP so I can begin editing.

Players:

SirPimped
Elite
Scorpion
Rage
Fate
Kishan
Sovereign
AnglesFan
NacHo
Helios
RepublicCommando
Neon
Norris
Erudite
Nixo
Kiwi
Josh

I will be back home Saturday, I will send it then.  :moo:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

March 14, 2013, 10:34:16 PM #29 Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:46:54 AM by {Alpha}.Gen.Kiwi
I will do that soon.

Edit: forgive me for being a noob at this sort of stuff, but how exactly do I send files? should I do it via x-fire or is there a way to do it through this website?