Started by {212th} Ldr. Norris, January 28, 2013, 11:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
U can't make them even similar
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 29, 2013, 05:27:18 PM
Another thing about that recorder, could it perhaps view elements on the battlefield in real time? Like as in you can pause the video and go around the map and see where other people were? I know I'm sort of drawing off of what Halo Reach and Halo 4 do, but it would be cool, if possible
yeah that shouldn't be too hard. I am having troule getting it to read its own ini file though... I might end up just making it read variables built into the program if I can't get ini to work.

Quote from: SirPimped on January 30, 2013, 11:58:56 AM
Remember, the editing program is only as good as the person using it. Windows Movie Maker is relatively easy to use. The potential for great special effects isn't there, but there are a lot of tricks you can use to get similar effects.

While using Windows Movie maker, after I edit clips and save them when I replay them they don't play right. The video stops but the window shows the video still playing. It just kind of stutters along. I think I have read this is a common problem.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Well, you all may not like me but i found another recording software. It does cost money but it is easy to use and you can pause it while in game. It's called Dxtory, there is also a free trial with it as well so you can test it out before you buy it (if you do)  Ill give you a link to the website :
http://www.dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html

January 30, 2013, 05:44:21 PM #34 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:57:44 PM by aeria.
Quote from: {U.E.F}Anyder | BVBArmy on January 30, 2013, 06:32:11 AM
Also, ONLY FRAPS record only the game (if u play it like me, Windowed, it doesnt record Desktop)

That's not true. It does record desktop, providing you're running Windows Vista/7.

As far as I've tested, fraps is the only program that records gameplay frame-by-frame with uncompressed video quality with the smallest performance impact. I've had drastic decreases framerates with anything else.

---------------

Sony Vegas Pro is a professional program, like Apple Final Cut Pro and (my favorite) Adobe Premiere Pro. They all do more or less the same thing, just done differently. They're also all expensive... but worth it!

If you're looking into making simple montages of clips, Windows Movie Maker is fine. It doesn't have the power of the expensive video editing programs but you don't need any of them for your purposes. If you're looking into adding more visual effects, you'll definitely need to resort to After Effects and Premiere Pro.

Fraps + Windows Movie Maker and you're good to go. :)

---------------

Dxtory appears to work VERY similar to Fraps according to its web page. Maybe it's something I'll mess around with in the future. It's 3,600 Yen which is more or less 40 bucks.

#TYBG

Quote from: {212th} Norris on January 30, 2013, 01:19:06 PM
While using Windows Movie maker, after I edit clips and save them when I replay them they don't play right. The video stops but the window shows the video still playing. It just kind of stutters along. I think I have read this is a common problem.
Yes this is a common problem with WMM. I would play it only one clip at a time and then stop. Be sure to save your work often!

It is hard to do. I really dont have a clue how you cope SirPiimped :P But the result is good :)

Quote from: {212} Nixo on January 31, 2013, 01:08:45 PM
It is hard to do. I really dont have a clue how you cope SirPiimped :P But the result is good :)
Like anything, the more you practice the better you get. It's annoying at first, but it's easy to get used to.

Quote from: SirPimped on January 31, 2013, 01:35:43 PM
Like anything, the more you practice the better you get. It's annoying at first, but it's easy to get used to.
You mean like modding? Lol

Quote from: SirPimped on January 31, 2013, 01:35:43 PM

It's exactly like HTML and CSS coding! :P

Watch that video, even though it's not meant for game editing it does explain how you should start moviemaking:

and for recording I would go for fraps like all the others said :)

Quote from: DEAGLE on January 31, 2013, 02:18:25 PM
Watch that video, even though it's not meant for game editing it does explain how you should start moviemaking:

Haha, he is slightly repetative but I guess it gets his point across :P And good clip to help

Quote from: DEAGLE on January 31, 2013, 02:18:25 PM

He brings up some great points in that video. It makes me feel better about using Windows Movie Maker :)

Wow that's a good video! Freddie Wong's stuff has always been fun to watch.

It's true. Windows Movie Maker is a perfectly acceptable starting program. It has what you need to export videos in HD.

If you ever take video editing seriously, I'd highly recommend investing in Premiere Pro (and After Effects!). They integrate with each other really well.

But I think I've said that too many times.. :P

#TYBG