Star Wars Battlefront III

Started by Missile, May 30, 2011, 02:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Soooo. Does anybody have any idea when is the release date for Star Wars Battlefront 3 for PC? I tried to find on the internet, but I was unsuccesful.
Destroy the left, the front, the right and the back, and leave the rest to the Jedi!

I am willing to make unofficial swbf3 if I get enough programmers and model builders.

May 30, 2011, 05:56:10 PM #3 Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 05:58:34 PM by jdee-barc
I actually was about to ask if people wanted to help me do this as well. oh well. :P

I have an idea for it if you don't have one.
Use the Source Engine and base it off of Team Fotress 2. TF2 is kind of like SWBF in terms of unit classes (five each), and the AI would be smarter then in zero engine. Source Engine has physics and more interactionand zero engine is currently unavailable and doesn't have those features. Or you could somehow use both Zero engine and Source to make it even better (modding in the Zero engine, with odfs, mshs and whatnot is much easier)

You need modders? I'll volunteer! I'm sure others would be more than happy to help.

Other suggestions.
try contacting former creators from Pandemic who made SWBF and SWBf2 (like Dean Betton, who made all the stock models) and psych0fred (assuming he still responds to his email)

go on gametoast. or have someone else do it (if you can't) and ask if like the more famous modders (Maveritchell, Teancum, ggctuk, etc, would be willing to help)
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

There is a really nice COD4 mod too.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

im learning programing so i can probably figure some code out and make an extractor and then we can modify the game that way but im sure thats illegal so i probably wont do it

May 30, 2011, 10:19:28 PM #7 Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:15:50 PM by SleepKiller
I'd just wait and see if LucasArts will ever make BFIII.

Aaah, thanks for suggestions.  ;) I think I'll try to contact the developers of the first two SWBFs - as jdee-barc suggested - just to find out if they are even thinking about creating the third one.
With the modding idea, I personally don't know how to mod and I was kind of unwilling to learn it, since I hoped for an upcoming SWBF 3 release, but I will definitely learn how to mod if the developers answer my question negatively.  :cheers:
Destroy the left, the front, the right and the back, and leave the rest to the Jedi!

Quote from: Missile on May 31, 2011, 02:17:22 AM
Aaah, thanks for suggestions.  ;) I think I'll try to contact the developers of the first two SWBFs - as jdee-barc suggested - just to find out if they are even thinking about creating the third one.

One thing is for sure--those guys would not be involved in Battlefront 3.  I strongly suggest you leave them alone.

Instead, go here and be one of a few hundred other people that have asked the same question of LucasArts:
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=716

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Okay, I think I won't contact them. Let's just wait.  :'(

Quote from: Bamdur on May 30, 2011, 10:07:00 PM
im learning programing so i can probably figure some code out and make an extractor and then we can modify the game that way but im sure thats illegal so i probably wont do it

It's probably not the most righteous thing to do l but i'm not sure if it would be a huge problem since Pandemic is gone for good (it seems)
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: MileHighGuy on May 30, 2011, 06:56:33 PM
Some people are already doing that kinda. Here's the link
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-new-era

I just looked at the pictures...holy crap. It's so detailed! If/when this comes out, I'm so getting it...
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
Don't mess with Mandalorians.

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 01, 2011, 01:31:22 PM
http://www.battlefront3.net/
- all information regarding SWBF3.

Ah, thanks for this link. I'll make sure I check it every day :D