SWBF Community Newspaper-Report-Thingy

Started by Ltin, July 25, 2014, 08:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I had an idea, and I want to start making a Community Newsletter/paper sort of thing.
This would entail sections on

Clan happenings
Mods and Maps
Tournements
Notable leavings and joining of the community
General news affecting the community
easwbf
Interviews with members of the community (important people)

Now this requires a lot of work on my part, (and anyone else who wishes to help, I'll get to that) and I don't want to even try this if there isn't some sort of an interest. So tell me your ideas!
Now about you people
I don't follow the clans, and a rarely up to date with news and other things like that.
If you find something you think is of note, shoot me a PM here! Want to Write something? I want this to represent news from all the community here.

Now you might be asking yourself, what does this have to do with me? By reading this every [insert time here] you will begin to understand what's going on in the other equally bright corners of the community, and increase your awareness of everything. You too can become an esteemed community member, (or at least be involved in it.).

Thoughts?

:cheers: I think it sounds like a swell idea. Could be pretty neat, ubt how would we translate that into a readable newpaper like layout? or like how would we read it, maybe something almost like a blog?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on July 25, 2014, 08:15:38 PM
:cheers: I think it sounds like a swell idea. Could be pretty neat, ubt how would we translate that into a readable newpaper like layout? or like how would we read it, maybe something almost like a blog?
What I was hoping to be able to do is make it look like a newspaper sort of layout, with separate sections for the different pieces, with fancy titles and everything. I was also hoping to able to do that on my tablet, but the two app iv had time to try so far, king soft (wps)  and Polaris, are woefully underequipped.  If I can't find something there, I'll just go to Word on my pc, or just make is a cramps line by line. My hope is to find a way to export it into pdt format and distribute it that way (i'm pretty sure both kings of and Polaris do that, but I'll have to check.)

It sounds like a good idea. Especially for people who just pop in now and then. I'm not sure about the layout, maybe just a nicely set out post once a week/fortnight/month about what's been happening lately.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Ltin on July 25, 2014, 08:11:30 PM

Interviews with members of the community (important people)

Lol ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Hades on July 26, 2014, 04:16:08 AM
Lol ?

I second that lol.

How would you define 'important people' and how interesting would an interview really be?

Eh, I suppose if the issue was monthly or bi-monthly you might have enough material. But is it worth reiterating information that most people already know?

I feel as if I know everything that is going on, but some days I would kinda like something like that if I was to busy to go though the forums and read.

If this was done in 1 small page a week then 1 bigger page a month, it might work.

As for interviews, it would never really work. IMO defining important people isn't a problem, but there isn't really much to say. Just think of someone you would interview. Then think what you would ask. Then think about the answers. Yeah...       it would be kinda weird. But if you could get a group of guys to interview, it might work better.

I hope this is going to start, but I hope it doesn't end like the Comic Team seems to have. Haven't heard anything about 'em since they started.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I think this sounds like a pretty cool idea  :tu:.  I know of other gaming communities which do this sort of think to great success. For interviewing people, it would probably be best to pick a person at random who is willing to be interviewed rather than just the most important people. Simply questions could be like, how long you have been with battlefront, what clans you have been in etc. Also it would be interesting to have a section discussing battle tactics. I wouldn't mind helping out from time to time to the best of my ability if the idea catches on.

But now important people are boring........ (no offense)
People who are important to the community is really fairly obvious in some times, many of these people are molders of some sort *cough* Sereja  *cough*.  Some people there would clearly be more things to ask than others,  buuuuuut. Eh.
EDIT: you ninja.  I like that battle tactics thing.

If you need a private board to organize your thoughts, just let me know.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 26, 2014, 08:08:20 AM #10 Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:38:48 PM by PatriotNorwood
Hey interesting idea, I would love to help you with this if you would like. I know a little bit about clan happenings, but if there is anyway I could help you let me know. It would be fun to help with this.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

July 26, 2014, 06:33:25 PM #11 Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:35:12 PM by Ltin
So I think I'll try this at least for one issue. If you would like to submit an idea for a story, shoot me a PM. I'm going to go and say I'll write it all for now, but later that will probably change.
I also want to include a satirical section, stuff like this:
YAK ACCUSED OF HACKING, BLAMES BOB
The first and likely not the last scandal of the icw4 began this week, with FC accusing YAK of hacking various players isps and slowing down their Internet services to gain an advantage, and that they convinced Oven, the lead Admin of the icw4, to let it slide. Some even went as far as accusing Oven of helping YAK in the battle where he played for FC, saying  "In fact, look at his KDR"  which was 11:10. YAK responded by saying that because he had more kills, he helped the FC UEF Alliance win.
YAK later furthered the scandal by accusing BOB of forcing them to commit the crime.  "They threatened to hack our bank accounts and steal all of our money"  said Shazam, the leader of YAK.  BOB has decided not to comment on the issue.
Oven was last seen exchanging money in a back thread with an unidentified hooded person, as cries of impeachment were heard from the nearby week 2 thread.

(this was a little hasty, but you get the idea.)

Im not a moderator but I'd tell u to use better examples cause that comment is a bit rude IMO

Quote from: Hades on July 26, 2014, 06:48:46 PM
Im not a moderator but I'd tell u to use better examples cause that comment is a bit rude IMO
It's satire. I don't need to be nice :)
Also I don't see how it's rude.

Quote from: Ltin on July 26, 2014, 06:51:20 PM
Also I don't see how it's rude.
U don't ? Lemme put a quote then
Quote from: Ltin on July 26, 2014, 06:33:25 PM
Some even went as far as accusing Oven of helping YAK in the battle where he played for FC, saying  "In fact, look at his KDR"  which was 11:10.