Gogo12/Ginev Tatooine Assest

Started by Ginev, October 18, 2013, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Guys i have problem with the Tatooine map.Alot of errors and the map crash so i decided to release all the assest since i am not sure when i will find time to finish the map or do i will ever finish it since Battlefront 1 engine is not very powerfull and alot of things pops-up in view.I am sorry that alot of people was waiting for this map but this is the situation.I am sorry again.
I also add and all my screenshots.I hope you like them.This assest also have and my side folder and my sound folder aswell.You can use it for example to add your own sounds.Here is the assest i hope you like the models:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23780779/Ginev_Assest_zip

Aww.  :(         

Your assets belong in the museum mod.   ;)

From what I saw, you did a great job with the map.  It will be great for the modders to be able to use your brilliant mods. :tu:

Three cheers for Ginev!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

(I know how the mods hate when I use smileys, but I did obey the rules... ;))

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I'm sure some preventive measures can be done about the models.. Also, merging multiple things into one helps alot.
What always stopped me, is I never had a good base to start on (I'm more of an upgrader, less than a builder..)
And you have given just that.

Kudos to your efforts man!

Perhaps, you give up too soon. The engine is realy slow, but I am not sure, you may overload the game, by just a few Tatooine building packs. If I remember old days well, it's can handle, with much much more huge projects. You just need to fix it.
Still, thank's for the assets! :)
If you set up your music, or sound regions, it's could be interesting to explore them... Another terrible mystery, may be solved, once and for all... :blink:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

October 18, 2013, 02:44:58 PM #5 Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:59:03 AM by Ginev
About ambient sound regions its very simple.You just have to place a sound that you want to use in the stream.This is example:Let say your ambient sound name is called "ambient".Rename the sound to "amb_ambient_bck" or it was "amb_inf_ambient_bck"  im not sure.Ok now you need to copy this sound and must make second file that must be the same but with different name: "amb_ambient_fnt" or amb_inf_ambient_fnt.
if you want to add ambient sound you must have 2 exactly the same sounds just with different fnt and bck in the end.And remember that the two sounds must be stereo wave type NOT mono!Now you must add them to the asfx file.They must look like something like this:

streams\amb_ambient_fnt.wav    -resample pc 22050    ambient
streams\amb_ambient_bck.wav    -resample pc 22050

or

streams\amb_inf_ambient_fnt.wav    -resample pc 22050    ambient
streams\amb_inf_ambient_bck.wav    -resample pc 22050

Like you guys see i have added on the end of the first line a name called "ambient".If i remember correctly
you must use that name in zeroeditor sound region in order to work.Ok save the asfx like that.Now the last part (if you use my sfx sound folder) open "Sound_Prop_File_Referenced_Here.snd" and you must add the sound there too.I dont remember how this must look like since i reinstall my computer and  dont have the Mod Tool stock assest anymore.Thats the last and final part but i dont remember how must look like.If someone can send me the stock sound folder from the stock assest i can finish this...tutorial :D

EDIT:
About the map since i dont have softimage i used different way to convert my models.My models...some of them are made from 3-4 sometime even 5 parts.I combine them in one but when they are in game i think the engine of the game read them like separate ones...i am not sure thats probably why so much models pop up in front of me.I don't talk about far in distance.I talk about 5 meters in front of me.If some of you want to try make one new map place alot of my models close to each other.Place alot of models then test and youll see the result.Well someone still can make a stock destructable Tatooine city.I am leaving this to you guys.

I am giving permission to someone to fix the models if its needed. (Well i think they really need fixing :D)
When you open my models in MshViewer some of the models are white and black but i test them and they have textures and work in game.

So, per say, if the models were all fixed and tested and what-not,
would you restart the project?

The real problem is that i dont have free time anymore.Thatswhy i decided to share all the models.Ohh by the way if someone still have the ALPHA stage of the map can he give me link to download the map?I am just collecting all my maps. :D

Quote from: Carbon27 on October 18, 2013, 12:51:56 PM
Aww.  :(         
Your assets belong in the museum mod.   ;)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Some wonderful stuff in here Gogo, you are a powerhouse of assets!

Quote from: UNIT 33 on October 18, 2013, 03:20:39 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Some wonderful stuff in here Gogo, you are a powerhouse of assets!
Yes, even though a lot of them are bugged (in SWBF at least, but thats just SWBF's way of kicking you in the pants, and tell you it wants ice in it's iced tea) , he produced a ridiculous amount of modelling.. And its quite aesthetically pleasing..

I hope someone to use the Tatooine models for a map.And the weapons and soldiers too :D

Are the guns BF2 ready
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 18, 2013, 05:40:12 PM
Are the guns BF2 ready
Guns from SWBFI to BFII don't really need to be converted. Its basicly the same format of MSH. (I've done it myself quite a few times.)
If you do encounter some glitches when porting, you can always convert it, or ask someone here or on gametoast to do it for you ;)
--
I just wish we had a ZETools specificly designed for SWBFII.. that would be great.

i dont suppose anyone would be nice enough to take a few picks of some of the weapon models?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I knew i would eventually get those weapon assets :D but great job with these models, BTW whats the folder name of that custom cantina
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."