The Mod That Does Not Have A Name Yet![WIP]

Started by SleepKiller, December 20, 2011, 01:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 20, 2011, 01:39:25 PM Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:25:24 PM by SleepGiver
Why have random clone legions? When you can pick mid-game what you want to be?

Yes it is the Mid-Game Clone Legion changer. This handy device is useful for all kinds of things like.

• Calling in the 212th to pound those droids.
  • Calling in the 51st to give you some comoflauge.
  • And of course the 501st to utterly epicly own those droids.
  • Making your morning toast.

And if ggctuk or jdee want this tell me I'll give you the stuff that makes it run. (Although it is going to be used in a small-scale unannouced mod of mine.)

Actual mod that has this in it will be coming soon. (Consider this the WIP for it.)

very nice, sleepkiller/giver  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

:o whoa there, how did you do that? and could you send this to me? this would be great for my mod since i have like a crapload of clone legsions
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

December 20, 2011, 06:48:47 PM #3 Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:35:20 PM by SleepGiver
Quote from: jdee-peppermintbark on December 20, 2011, 05:44:22 PM
:o whoa there, how did you do that? and could you send this to me? this would be great for my mod since i have like a crapload of clone legsions
Check your PM.

WOAH.
The implications of this are interesting to say the least.

Discovery of the year!!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

December 21, 2011, 05:25:05 PM #6 Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:54:25 PM by SleepGiver
Now to revel the mod itself...

Ladys (If any hang out here.) and Gentlemen I present to you...

The Mod That Does Not Have A Name Yet!

Yes it is "The Mod That Does Not Have A Name Yet!" Name subject to change. With this mod you can enjoy all new effects and high resultion explosion textures all with a light weight download. Become the envy of your friends with it.

Lets look through the pictures.

Double trouble!

A gunship is about to get hit.

Kaboom!

A Droideka is in for a surprise.

The lightning now looks like lightning!

Without charging it up.

Realese data is TBD check back for more info.

Very nice. did you create an option in pausemenu then add an override?

Yup I added the option in the pause menu to change to another menu, on that menu the buttons activate the ReadDataFileIngame command for side lvls with only the replacment textures in.

:o *speechless*
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

December 22, 2011, 10:13:34 PM #10 Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:49:18 AM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepGiver on December 21, 2011, 08:04:03 PM
Yup I added the option in the pause menu to change to another menu, on that menu the buttons activate the ReadDataFileIngame command for side lvls with only the replacment textures in.
Can it be used to change more than just textures, maybe mesh files? If so then alien shape shift mods could be possible. All this done by changing ifs_pausemenu.lua and adding more tga to the side lvl?

December 22, 2011, 11:02:04 PM #11 Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:24:53 PM by SleepGiver
Regrettablely not, I tried that first but it does not work. It returns a level two error in bfront log. And 1 out of 3 of your asumptions are correct I also added a new script for the new menu; also finally I made a new side.lvl that only had textures in to be loaded up. Wait a few days then the first realese of the mod will be up along with the source scripts.

December 23, 2011, 03:49:02 AM #12 Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:18:09 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepGiver on December 22, 2011, 11:02:04 PM
Regrettablely not, I tried that first but it does not work. It returns a level two error in bfront log. And 1 out of 3 of your asumptions are correct I also added a new script for the new menu; also finally I made a new side.lvl that only had textures in to be loaded up. Wait a few days then the first realese of the mod will be up along with the source scripts.
I didn't intentionally phrase any of my questions in the form of assumptions. I'll do some testing with the mods and source files when you release them.

edit:
I have an idea for when you do release the source. I want to try making a texture swapper for stock world lvls. Like main menu> change map skin > stock cc, twilight cc, sunset cc, etc.

If something like that could be developed I think modders have even more incentive to make map skins. I'm already seeing a lot of ideas with your texture swapper/unnamed gimick thing. Good (lua) discovery sleepkiller.

My poor english vocabulary regrettably allows me only one word : awesome!

Actually it is possible to do alot more then just textures, but requires it to be loaded into memory first