Adding A More Living Environment.

Started by Epifire, June 24, 2010, 09:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is more of a question than a statment, but its more of a disscussion on the can and can't do's of BF 1.

Well I got my butt sniped off to many times yesterday and came up with a modernizing mod idea. Well like most new games now the environment is more reactive than older games, like paper and stuff flying around, to give more of a real sence than just an empty battle field.

Now what I wanted to know was can the BF 1 game engine support higher reality maps like that. Like it could just start simpler, as for instance a generator plant with active moving generators.

Or moving factory construction lines. Things to keep the map more natural, and less easy to pick out an enemy when sniping.

So what do you guys think?
photobucket limit image removed

Yes, with very good animations you could do that, though I assum eit'd be hard to do and take a long time. But in the end, what would be the point? Barely anybody would even be able to play it

I will be here to play it with you. So count me in k. I am finding more people that can install a mod map. Timming is aways a factor.

Quote from: Breakdown on June 24, 2010, 02:50:34 PM
Yes, with very good animations you could do that, though I assum eit'd be hard to do and take a long time. But in the end, what would be the point? Barely anybody would even be able to play it

Fun and well organized, it could work. The problem would the the size of the mod =/
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

i agree with BD. I dont think this is  a big enough subject for just one mod. Barely anyone would take the trouble to download it and have everyone in their server donwload it.

Well it depends on who is building the animations and who construcs most of it. But if I made, or helped make a mod like this I wouldn't just talk about it here.

I would go to every community I know to get it more well know.

And from an ordinary modders perscpective, I can see your guy's point, but I would still build it myself even if only five people would use it.

And bettween making the anaimations and then building them into a game ready model, I don't see a high issue with much else. I don't know I just feel, wether with some one elses help or not I feel (for me that is) that its to big to not do.

Now I'm shure most every one else wouldn't go to the same extent I would but thats just me. But I guess I'm not sensible, just crazy.

:D                                                                                                                                                       :D

Well thanks, its nice to have people that want to help. At the moment though I'm working on some models for a raxus prime map I was building, with my own custom models only.

Its taking a while to construct, but all and all once I'm done I think I can start on this new mod. Thing is that I model fairly well, I just don't know anything about making animations.

I know that Softimage v6.0 is able to build anaimations, but I have no idea on how to do that. I had a freind tell me about 3D Wings, and he said it would be easier to use than Softimage. But 3D Wings dosn't support any thing for animations from my knowledge.

That is he suggested 3D Wings for modeling, and never mentioned anything about animations.