Board purpose for direct memory mods

Started by Led, January 17, 2012, 02:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 17, 2012, 02:57:21 PM Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:09:00 AM by Buckler
The purpose of this board is to discuss ways that mods/hacks can be made using direct memory access, e.g. by cheat engine.

Note that discussions about avoiding copy protection schemes or no-CD modifications are not allowed.

edit:  not enough activity to warrant its own board--moved into mod factory
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

What about discussion of removing the green half-screen from SPTest? BattleBelk has done this and I want to find out how but although it breaches EULA it has no impact on copy protection so is that topic allowed for discussion? And I think he used something like visual basic not cheat engine to build the hack.

Go ahead and discuss it for now.  If it is determined that we should not, then I will have to remove the topic.

I am not sure what is involved it doing such a thing.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: BattleBelk
SPTEST.exe - debug tool for SWBF1 has annoying green half-screen wich possible disable by mouse/keyboard clicking combination:
Esc, Free Camera, Backspace, Esc, Fakeconsole, Esc, Fakeconsole, pausedfreelook, Backspace
But it isn't usefull press it all time when map loaded...So I used Cheat Engine and I've found a pointer with address 0x00888ECC, offset 0x44F5 wich points to an addres with 1 byte value I called "green half-screen flag". This flag has value 1 by default and if I set it to 0 green half-scrren disappears immediately.

For easy use it I've made "SPTEST loader" (trainer) wich launch SPTEST.exe and modify this pointer for disable green half-screen
DOWNLOAD

Loader written on AutoIt v3, sorce files included

How to use:

Place "SPTEST loader.exe" in same folder where "SPTEST.exe" and "Battlefront.exe" located:
"Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\"
run "SPTEST loader.exe"

Notes:

Only works with latest SPTEST:
http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/downloads/BF1/ZeroeditorUpdate012705.zip

Loader includes 2 deafult commandline parameters:
/nointro (disable intro)
/win (windwowed mode, for allow switch out window by ALT+TAB)

Other commanline parameters such as "/noai" can be added by creating shortcut for "SPTEST loader.exe"

This trainer loads "SPTEST.exe" and modify this process, some antivirus may count it as virus activity
So he did use cheat engine to find the code, autoit to write the hack/trainer. I don't have his source files for sptest loader archived anymore, unfortunately. But I think this could be replicated.

March 03, 2014, 04:41:30 AM #4 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:03:41 AM by Vîathan
I just found this useful post and recreated a very simple trainer. it works!
I'll include that function into my screencontrol for sptest.

Edit:
Trainer/Hack is ready. Check my thread to see infos and download

March 03, 2014, 08:58:40 AM #5 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:07:28 PM by -RepublicCommando-
had to respond to this (didn't even know this board/topic existed :O).

too bad the source is gone, i'd like to know how good i wrote my own tool..
edit- WAIT, hold teh phone. I found the download with the source files http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=344

It has the source code (autoit) for the trainer, yay. (I hate having to do research every time I want to know how something works and build my own.. :P)
--
on another note:
i think after i get back to my pc, ill dig up a couple of my old pointer compilations and share em here..

I know it's possible to hack battlefront rules to let you jump and shoot at the same time, but does anyone think it's possible to unlock.. Say, Flying and rolling (like AI jet troopers are seemingly doing on Duck Hunt) out of your flight?

Perhaps find all the rules that tell the game that you can't do "such and such" while doing "such and such."
It would be rather neat to have a little new game play style. T'would allow for new combos.

Sure, it would allow a lot of new annoying cheap moves, but it would still be cool.

I'm attempting to learn Cheat engine (I'll admit, it's a tad confusing :blink: ), and hope to go toward that direction.

I'm pretty sure I've jumped and shot at the same time... ask anyone, you just have to time very well.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 15, 2014, 12:23:31 PM
I'm attempting to learn Cheat engine (I'll admit, it's a tad confusing :blink: ), and hope to go toward that direction.
Now, now don't get ahead of yourself. A few weeks ago you wanted to make a SWBF in Unity. You only have so much free time, spend it wisely. The more projects you take on the less likely they are to succeed. If you want to make a game in Unity focus on learning that or if instead you want to mess with SWBF's engine focus on learning how to do that. Don't overload yourself and stay focused or all your work may very well be for nothing.

Just my thoughts and advice. Value it at what you will. You have potential RC, don't waste it on getting caught up on too many things.