my mac sleeps excessively.

Started by Soap Mactavish, April 18, 2010, 12:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
ok, i love my mac but there is something that i would like to change. Now, on Windows, whenever you close your computer it wil continue to run processes i.e music, downloads etc. I would like to do this with mac as mine shuts all processes less then keeping apps running. Ive checked my settings and googled and no luck. Im sure you guys can help me out tho. If it requires terminal or something apple says is illegal you can always find me on xfire.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I guess he wants to keep his Mac laptop to keep running normally when closed?

If you mean when the computer goes to sleep, this can easily be turned off by going to System prefs and choosing energy saver, and setting the time the "Computer" goes to sleep to never, just remember to keep the display to sleep or your screen will always be on.

Music will stop when you put your computer to sleep, i think that closing the lid of your computer puts it to sleep however i don't know this and it may also be in the settings, i honestly don't use laptops enough to know off hand.

If you clear up what you are looking to do tho i can find out about the laptops if needed.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

srry bout the mistakes red. when i say close the computer, i mean just closing the lid.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon