Tatooine: Mos Anek

Started by Ascertes, July 30, 2015, 01:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Tatooine: Mos Anek

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1330

Welcome and thank you for downloading "TATOOINE: MOS ANEK"!
This file is a custom mod map for Star Wars: Battlefront 1.

---Installation:---

1. Download the file.
2. Go to your downloads folder and extract the files and put them into your Lucasarts/Star Wars Battlefront/GameData/AddOn file.
3. Play!

----STORY:----

Clone Wars:

The CIS holds the city of Mos Anek on Tatooine.
It's strategic location on Tatooine (is there anything strategic about that dustball? Whatever...) is
essential for Republic military efforts on Tatooine, and as such the Republic has grouped an army on
the outskirts of the city in order to retake it. The fate of Tatooine is in your hands; will you defend the
city for the CIS, or fight with the Republic to secure this territory?

Galactic Civil War:

The Rebel Alliance has won a decisive victory over the Galactic Empire on Tatooine at the city of Mos Anek.
However, a beleaguered Rebel army is a prime raiding target for the Tusken Raiders. A massive Tusken army
has been amassing outside the city. Unable to muster the numbers to take the fight to the Sand
people directly, the Rebels await them behind the city walls...

-----Credits-----

All work contained within this file are stock assets provided by Lucasarts and Pandemic. I have used no custom
content from any other modder.

-------Use of this Content-------
Use of anything contained in this file is welcome to be adjusted or otherwise altered by anyone who
wants to, so long as I receive credit for any said works.

--------Known Issues--------
None that I'm aware of. If you find any please make it known!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Just had a go of this map and enjoyed it, it's a nice idea to play as a town under siege and I enjoyed seeing Tuskens on a map. :)

Only improvements I would make is to have a few more health/ammo droids around and maybe up the reinforcement count for the 'outside' team (or lower the defenders).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

July 30, 2015, 01:28:05 PM #2 Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:36:32 PM by Ultimo
Town under siege?
Oh wow this just gave me an idea! :lightbulb:

Gonna try this modmap now. Will Edit post with my opinions! :)

EDIT:
Wow, that was fun. I was very pleased with the gameplay of this map. If you're on the defending team, there are plenty of places to make for a great Final Stand situation. If you're on the Tusken team, I hope you love rushing CP's ;)
The gameplay was fantastic, but I feel like the map lacked something visually... Perhaps it was the disarray of the buildings? They seemed to be randomly placed about. No clear walkways or "streets" anywhere. However, the placement made really good for close-quarters gameplay. Overall, this is still an excellent map for your first upload to SWBFGamers. :cheers:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

July 30, 2015, 01:53:12 PM #3 Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:10:04 PM by Phobos
This map is great, nice work! :tu: I tested it using TWD sides with deployable barricades, some zombies managed to climb over  :XD:
http://fcsite.ml/TWDMosAnek1.png
http://fcsite.ml/TWDMosAnek2.png
http://fcsite.ml/TWDMosAnek3.png
http://fcsite.ml/TWDMosAnek4.png

This map is absolutely fantastic! It's fun playing as the Rebels trying to hold back the raiders!
I took some screenshots too  ;)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Great work on this map! I'd love to see the next map you make! :cheers:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

August 01, 2015, 01:22:18 PM #5 Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:35:07 PM by Ascertes
OH wow! I didn't even realize this thread existed! I just uploaded the map and didn't even think twice about it lol. But now that I know it's here...

Thanks everyone for the reviews! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Any feedback you can give is greatly appreciated  :)

EDIT: While I'm here, a couple things:

Firstly, if you play as the attackers here's a little hint: There's a second way to get into the city if you're willing to look for it. That front gate is naturally the primary entrance, but if you want to open a second front...

Secondly, as I'm looking at the screenshots...I noticed there aren't any moisture vaporaters...I know I put them in so I'll have to look into that.

Third and finally, I uploaded my second map, so it has it's own thread in this forum now too. Feel free to take a look at that one too and leave feedback accordingly!

Again, thank you so much for all the feedback!

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

August 15, 2015, 09:49:20 PM #6 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:55:23 AM by Ascertes
Hey guys! I'm currently out of inspiration and desire to make another map, since I just released my newest Naboo map and don't want to go through the hassle of another map right now, so instead I'm going back and fixing up my already released maps.

I'm already working on a couple fixes here and there, but if there are things that you have noticed if you downloaded this map that you feel need to be altered/fixed/tuned up, post in this thread. If you have feedback about ANY of my maps, please post in the appropriate thread :)

Please send me a PM when you have any maps that need to be approved.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on August 16, 2015, 03:49:16 AM
Please send me a PM when you have any maps that need to be approved.   :cheers:

Alright cool will do!