Tatooine: Defiance At Janus

Started by Snake, July 01, 2014, 02:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 01, 2014, 02:37:12 PM Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 08:03:03 AM by Snake
I figured I would take a break from the Museum to deliver you all a nice warm plate of awesome as a suprise summer present. Since I am retiring after the Museum, I wanted to sort of wrap up the story me and Unit started with Miranda. Hopefully, this is the best one I've made yet. The story behind the map is actually placed in 2 buildings as journal entries but I think I will give you the full journal entry anyway.

[spoiler]
19 Years after the first Pax infection at Miranda. Miranda brought a wave of fear across the galaxy. The Empire likes striking fear into the hearts of citizens, but this was causing mass panic, especially when the virus somehow spread to Hyperion. They sent in their best soldiers to "sterilize" the people there but even they succumbed to the intensity and sheer numbers of the infected. Even after weeks of orbital bombardment they could not reach the horde that had taken refuge in underground tunnels on Hyperion. Somehow the infection managed to get onto the orbiting Star Destroyers and it all went downhill from there. The infected somehow managed to use the ships to get to other planets. Some say they figured it out themselves, others say that infected pilots inadvertently did it, whilst trying to escape. They usually crash landed but they managed to infect entire planets. The entire Sol system was conquered first, then it spread like a wild fire. Coruscant was the worst.. The carnage was awful. I was there, as a member of the Emperor's own division of Storm Troopers. I watched my friends get savagely torn apart. I even saw one turn.. I had to put him out of his misery. I'd want him to do the same for me. After Coruscant was taken, the galaxy lost it. Everyone started preparing for their planets to be invaded. It didn't help. The only planets that lasted more than a few months were planets with extreme climate conditions like Hoth, Tatooine, and Ilum. I am in one of the last uninfected cities on Tatooine. The infected have adapted by only traveling at night, and raiding unsuspecting villages while they sleep. Even the Tuskens are scared. One morning we found a Tusken camp right next to the city, with their leader, Tirpider, begging for a type of alliance. We were all amazed but it only scared us more that the infected even scared the Tuskens. So now, with our several hundred refugees, we wait. We have rigged every person with chips that give a tiny lethal explosion in the brain upon death, because none of us want to turn.. Even the kids have them. Scouts have reported seeing the horde... Thousands of them. One of our scout posts hasn't communicated for 4 days. It is only a matter of time now. I am willing to fight to the death against these monsters, I just hope it means something.
[/spoiler]

There's a few little things missing like locolization for weapons and stuff but I don't care enough to fix them. :P I also tried to put in a stunt course but the speeders would never spawn. However there are some xwings and ywings for your zombie slaughtering pleasure. I was also going to include a special device that killed all the zombies but I couldn't figure out how to make it hard to get to, but not too hard, so you will just have to fight to the death.  :shrug:

PICS:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I didn't realize I got so many pics that look really open. But actually there are many corridors and buildings with interiors to increase the difficulty. Watch your corners!

This map features many new zombies. Since it has been so long, the infection has really grown visibly on the zombies who have been infected since the beginning, they've got huge growths like the Flood from Halo.
Here's a crash course in the new zombies:

The "Popper"
The Poppers fling a poisonous green projectile at uninfected, which causes massive damage and can stun the potential host long enough for other infected to attack. Do NOT get too close to the Popper or you will find out why it is called so. The Poppers are literally walking bags of Pax poison and will cause themselves to explode when in close proximity to potential hosts.

The "Tank"
In the several attempts by the Empire to stop the Pax, EVO troopers have been killed and turned. With heavy armor and tough muscle, this thing is extremely hard to stop. The best defense is the lock on Neural Targeter or an EMP Launcher to disrupt the virus' control of the brain.

Download Get it while it's hot!

Oh, I forgot to include the CHALLENGES
1. Win (trust me, it's a challenge)
2. Win with only the sniper unit
3. Win with only the Ywing
4. Hold one spawn area as long as you can
5. Save as many friendlies as you can
6. Find all 3 poster easter eggs (in 3 buildings)
7. Find the dead dewback
8. Win while never getting on a rooftop
9. Win while never getting on a rooftop with only the sniper unit
10. Win while not letting the Tusken camp get captured
11. Find the sniping range
12. Find Tirpider (His tunic is a different color and he is stronger)

Here's a map of the map to help you out since I didn't include a minimap:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Also, you will encounter zombies everywhere, but here's a map showing the most dangerous areas from my observations (brighter red=more dangerous)
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

-A lot of credit goes to Unit 33 for coming up with the original idea, doing all the zombie skins, and several other skins along the way. I couldn't have done it without him.
-Also a lot of thanks to Rends for various Tatooine assets.
-There are also several neat buildings I made with interiors.
-And Deviss for several of the local units

Well, this is my last map, besides the Museum, I hope you all enjoy it.

-Snake

SWBFGamers.com
TheSnakeSite.webs.com

Video:
https://youtu.be/ylVWhnSRaZQ
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

:o
What happened to this bot ?!

Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

.....snake you've outdone yourself. seriously, im impressed with the model selection and I cant wait untill its done downloading. Did you kitbash that weequy mandolorian model yourself?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: Anyder on July 01, 2014, 03:01:13 PM

That is the Popper. It's my best try at making a poison sack around an infected zombie. It's supposed to be one that is really old and has had time for the virus to mature into these growths.

Quote from: 411Remnant on July 01, 2014, 03:14:11 PM
.....snake you've outdone yourself. seriously, im impressed with the model selection and I cant wait untill its done downloading. Did you kitbash that weequy mandolorian model yourself?

Thank you! It could have been slightly better but I ran out of patience due to some ZeroEditor issues.  :P I hope it is a good end to a fun series of zombie maps. And no, Deviss actually did that, I think. I actually managed to forget to credit him! I guess because I got most of the units from the Tatooine: Uprising assets.

Quote from: MileHighGuy on July 01, 2014, 03:58:10 PM
really, really cool. can we set up a time to all play it?

Yeah, I would love to! Unfortunately it is not nearly as challenging in Multiplayer due to the AI limit but it's still pretty fun.

--

Alright, the link is up!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Anyder on July 01, 2014, 03:01:13 PM

My guess is that it is Hugh...Hugh Janus ?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on July 01, 2014, 06:48:44 PM
My guess is that it is Hugh...Hugh Janus ?

Hahahahaha holy crap Led.  :rofl:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Look what I found for dinner... Poor thing...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Nice map, Snake! :tu:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Just DL'd it. I'll give it a try. Thanks Snake!  :tu:

July 02, 2014, 09:14:49 PM #9 Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:19:18 PM by Snake
Well, I was playing it earlier today and had been afk on a roof for a while, so everyone was dead. I decided to make my way to the Ywing to bomb the clumps of zombies and I found this Tank just laying there: [spoiler][/spoiler]

I guess I left a prone hintnode there and he decided to use it even though there was no enemy around. He stayed there until one of my bombs launched him off. Weird stuff.  :P

Also, can someone confirm that the zombie reinforcement count is 1000? I am using an oldish version and it is 2000 even though I meant to set it at 1000 because 2000 is just rediculous.

----

Also, I added a new challenge. Find Tirpider!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

July 02, 2014, 09:39:44 PM #10 Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:29:16 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Life's been crazy, but I read this and liked the story (actually, I LOVED the story).

Popping it in the toaster for a few plays, sounds promising!

Edit-
Welp I won (256 kills and 8 deaths.. Guess my KDR is somewhat tech-reliant? :P)

Really great map! The sides were incredibly balanced (which I did, and at the same time did not like.. I love that rush when winning the impossible, as it doesn't happen often). I might suggest a more dark atmosphere.. (Throw some fog and a few flood lights, maybe even a evening-ish setting..)

All your zombie maps have there own feeling to them, and it's a great feeling. Thanks for all the epic mods you've made, it's a shame to know this is one of your last maps..

I won with only 2 units left and i found Trip,  I'll PM you the pics so people wont have any hints, and somehow a unit was trapped in a building. It took a while but I was able to get him with the exploding jars. Great map, I liked the Mando unit and the map itself was really good. How were you able to rig the Popper to explode?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

July 03, 2014, 10:29:35 AM #12 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:31:42 AM by Snake
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on July 02, 2014, 09:39:44 PM
Life's been crazy, but I read this and liked the story (actually, I LOVED the story).

Popping it in the toaster for a few plays, sounds promising!

Edit-
Welp I won (256 kills and 8 deaths.. Guess my KDR is somewhat tech-reliant? :P)

Really great map! The sides were incredibly balanced (which I did, and at the same time did not like.. I love that rush when winning the impossible, as it doesn't happen often). I might suggest a more dark atmosphere.. (Throw some fog and a few flood lights, maybe even a evening-ish setting..)

All your zombie maps have there own feeling to them, and it's a great feeling. Thanks for all the epic mods you've made, it's a shame to know this is one of your last maps..

Hmm, then I guess it was only 1000 reinforcements. Maybe I will release my accidental 2000 reinforcement version for more of a challenge.  :blink: But thank you, I loved making them. I just played all of them, starting with Miranda. It was funny to see all the improvements along the way.  :P

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on July 03, 2014, 09:47:38 AM
I won with only 2 units left and i found Trip,  I'll PM you the pics so people wont have any hints, and somehow a unit was trapped in a building. It took a while but I was able to get him with the exploding jars. Great map, I liked the Mando unit and the map itself was really good. How were you able to rig the Popper to explode?

Yep, that's him! Hmm, I'm not sure how that happened. Well, it's kind of complicated but basically I gave him a missle with only a certain range and that had 0 velocity.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Just now tried it out. Great map! The Pilot's scatter gun seemed a bit OP in my opinion, but overall it was pretty good. Tanks had a crap ton of health though, but overall pretty challenging. Won it 23-0, and I forgot to check my KDR. But like I said, great map! :D

Another great map Snake.  :cheers:
I like the variety of Zombies and detailed interiors. You'll be missed when you retire.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)