SWBF Custom Map Review (W/links)

Started by Ryanoceros, January 25, 2009, 12:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
No, I didn't make it, but I did do some work, so I think that while Sky should get 90% of the credit, I deserve at least 10% for converting it. Fair, yeah?

Also, Ryan, I'm working on making a more dynamic and user-friendly solution for browsing the review for you. It might be useful.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Okay, Jedikiller, just let me know what you come up with. :)

May 13, 2010, 06:09:14 AM #227 Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:19:57 AM by Maveritchell
Quote from: Soap Mactavish on May 09, 2010, 05:48:59 PM
Yes! please, lets start a war over who made it below [insert sarcasm here]
I'm never interested in starting an argument. The tone of your post seems to indicate that you don't think it's worth correcting the name of the person who should receive the most credit for a particular release - I disagree, because authorship is important ("made by" and "converted by" are two very different things). If this thread is to be a proper set of "reviews" as it purports to be, it's important to highlight the author who did the most work on a specific map - there are lots of "thanks JK!" and "looks great, JK!," and while he did do a bit of work in converting the map, the vast majority of the work on the map is due to another author who hasn't gotten a lick of thanks (past JK's original post). I know that if I were that author, I'd want someone to have my back and mention my name. That is why I make a correction like that one, not because I'm interested in inciting debate.

Quote from: Jedikiller on May 09, 2010, 06:31:02 PM
No, I didn't make it, but I did do some work, so I think that while Sky should get 90% of the credit, I deserve at least 10% for converting it.
I won't apportion percentages of credit; I know you did some work in converting it. I was just troubled by the lack of mention of Skyhammer's name anywhere beyond the first post where you mentioned you were going to do it. I mentioned it here since this topic purports itself to be a review topic - surely the map's author should be mentioned at the very least here.

And, as you yourself said:
Quote from: Jedikiller on May 01, 2010, 09:49:01 PMSky gets all of the credit here- I just convert.

Hmmm......

Russell, Wut war?

Ryan made a mistake by saying that Jedikiller made the map, Mav corrected him, Jedikiller reconfirmed. I don't understand where's the problem... hmm...

#TYBG

hmm, I was joking. guess I won't make that mistake again...

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Some jokes are better left untold.

May 14, 2010, 04:16:17 AM #231 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:29:39 AM by Soap Mactavish
It looked like it could possibly become a war. sorry if i offended you

Quote from: Jon415 on May 13, 2010, 09:52:02 PM
Some jokes are better left untold.
agree's

when there comes a war please be so kind to tell me before it ends will ya?

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

ok, ill be sure to keep u informed

:commander: I dont think any war would last very long on this site.

thats true jon, the mods watch this place to much  8)

*WOOT!*

i just advanced to advanced member (im so proud of myself) even if it is cause of the occasional spam.

Occasional spam....and to think ive been here longer than you :P

Lets try to stay on topic here guys. no need to clutter the topic with post saying your spamming.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Do all the maps really have diffrent coloured guys and tanks or is it something u just have R

Those are just different side mods. Some pictures were taken using the All Troops Fly Mod, and some were taken using the Stargate SG-1 Mod. Maybe a one or two taken using other mods.