Possible fix/patch for gamespy servers available for SWBF in future?

Started by deadmeow, March 16, 2013, 04:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This guy has made a patch for Halo trial to substitute for the gamespy servers.  Basically it subs another master server in place of the gamespy servers. http://www.freewebs.com/broomish/haloserverlistfix.htm

So this means there may be other options for SWBF in the future.  At the moment, Tunggle is still seems the best option.

Quote from: deadmeow on March 16, 2013, 04:01:39 AM
This guy has made a patch for Halo trial to substitute for the gamespy servers.  Basically it subs another master server in place of the gamespy servers. http://www.freewebs.com/broomish/haloserverlistfix.htm

So this means there may be other options for SWBF in the future.  At the moment, Tunggle is still seems the best option.
nice find hopefully something like that can be developed for swbf1

Quote from: Buckler on March 16, 2013, 04:51:09 AM
This looks promising:

http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15985sid=a9b545efaa9142ed7afced3a1e5bbaa0

alleged source code here
http://www.dolserver.net/products/dolserver/svn.php
Hm interesting looking stuff there. I've been poking through the source code in that first link. I'll poke through the second one as well. Hit me up on xFire if you want to talk about it.

:slap: Figures. Right after I delete my SWBFI PC app and re-install my native Mac copy this shows up.

If this works then we could revitalize the SWBF online community again!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 16, 2013, 06:34:22 AM
:slap: Figures. Right after I delete my SWBFI PC app and re-install my native Mac copy this shows up.

Indeed, it could prove key to spawning a new brand of SWBF online multiplayer! :D

I would be curios (since I know zero about coding), would this require like a patch to install on the game, or would it be just replacing the Gamespy folder with the one we would make? :confused:

Phase 2 of this plan would be convincing Steam to offer SWBF.

nice find deadmeow!

Hopefully this works. I would love to see the SWBF1 grow again. :]

so would everyone need to relocate and download other stuff?? took long enough for the tunngle community to grow the size it is now....

but the issue is getting it out there to the people who quit and new players. Most of those people are not connected to any sites like this or clans, and may not ever.

I highly doubt many new people would be coming on SWBF. It's just too old. However, if we made this master server sub then all those old clans that died with the Gamespy servers could come back. We could do some heavy advertising on clan sites and things.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 16, 2013, 06:53:26 AM
I would be curios (since I know zero about coding), would this require like a patch to install on the game, or would it be just replacing the Gamespy folder with the one we would make? :confused:
Could someone answer this quesiton? :tu:

Quote from: Ltin on March 16, 2013, 10:22:41 AM
but the issue is getting it out there to the people who quit and new players. Most of those people are not connected to any sites like this or clans, and may not ever.
That's why getting it on Steam would be huge. Does anyone here know anything about what criteria steam uses for its inventory of downloadable games? I know Bf2 is on there

Quote from: Joseph on March 16, 2013, 12:09:52 PM
That's why getting it on Steam would be huge. Does anyone here know anything about what criteria steam uses for its inventory of downloadable games? I know Bf2 is on there
I think it's pretty much anything they can, it can't be age because they have much older games on there. I always thought it's strange that battlefront is one of the few Star Wars games from the last 15ish years that they haven't got.
We should have a seperate topic for discussing getting battlefront on Steam (although I think Lucasarts would make it unlikely).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)