7 (77.8%)
I Disagree
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

July 22, 2013, 09:16:22 PM #1 Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:18:40 PM by ϟƘƦƖןןΣx
i think hes right ...

What class was it?

Because some classes you can't just talk to the kids, they need work to do so they put the stuff they learn into practice...

I agree with his point, but not his approach on the problem.  The teacher may have just seen her job as a paycheck, but as a student, you still have to respect them.  The better approach would've been to talk with her after class or after school, not to make a big scene during class time.

Then again, I could be missing something.  We don't really know the entire story here.

Quote from: Shazam on July 23, 2013, 10:30:50 AM
I agree with his point, but not his approach on the problem.  The teacher may have just seen her job as a paycheck, but as a student, you still have to respect them.  The better approach would've been to talk with her after class or after school, not to make a big scene during class time.

Then again, I could be missing something.  We don't really know the entire story here.

What the teacher did was the real life equivalent of saying "U mad, bro?"
Although we may not know the full side of the story, it seems as if the teacher was pretty detached from the class.

He's right, but shaming the teacher in-front of the class probably isn't the best way of going about it.

Quote from: Shazam on July 23, 2013, 10:30:50 AM

Well generally people don't enter teaching for the money, there are far less demanding and stressful jobs out there for a higher pay roll.

Yes, I certainly think it's not as simple as it appears.

Oh, it's realy sad, when such things happens...
Seems, this young man, is a big dreamer, and just do not understand the purpose of the average school. Well works of the teachers, and brilliant presentation of the lessons, are welcomed, but not realy important. Mostly, school, needs for creating average citizen, well adopted, for current country. If he needs real knowledge, he should go to college or working at self education somehow...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on July 23, 2013, 12:00:10 PM
Oh, it's realy sad, when such things happens...
Seems, this young man, is a big dreamer, and just do not understand the purpose of the average school. Well works of the teachers, and brilliant presentation of the lessons, are welcomed, but not realy important. Mostly, school, needs for creating average citizen, well adopted, for current country. If he needs real knowledge, he should go to college or working at self education somehow...
Ok a real teacher has spoken. End of discussion. Case closed. See you all in another thread! :P

A "real" teacher puts questions to the the subject, so that the pupil has to think for himself...like Socrates and Plato did.
That's also why i think the teacher who sits in that classroom is wrong here.
I agree with her way of thinking of sending him out of class, but she shouldn't do that with sitting on her already soar butt, STAND UP! Explain the kid why it's wrong. Let him give u the feedback to become better! Don't let him blair vague stuff about how wrong you are.

However the kid, how good he might have acted is to be remain seen in mine eyes, he should have had the guts to do it behind doors, so that the teacher doesn't get any reputation damage, but is still able to improve her lessons
Now that he said those things in front of the class she can't improve her style, because that would be agreeing to the fact that the pupil is right about the fact:
1. her lessons are not interested, not educative enough and not motivational enough
2. it was wrong to send him out for saying the truth
These things would disrupt her whole classes...

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse