[WIP]ARC Trooper Sides Mod

Started by Rayce, March 30, 2014, 10:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which weapon should be the Captain's secondary?

Mortar Launcher
5 (38.5%)
Bolt Caster
7 (53.8%)
Other (Please Specify)
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

March 30, 2014, 10:55:34 AM Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:16:48 AM by CommanderAwesome
This is a simple sides mod I am making for the Republic only (unless there is enough demand for a CIS component, though it seems pretty balanced against the shipped sides.).   It's pretty much exactly what it says on the tin: It reskins the Republic to be all ARC troopers and changes up the weapons, the new classes are as follows:

• ARC Trooper:  Westar M5 Blaster Rifle (Burst-Fire version of standard rifle), DC-15S Carbine (Full Auto version of pistol), Westar M5 Rockets (SBD Rockets), AV Rockets

• ARC Heavy Trooper: Sniper Rifle, Bazooka, DC-15S Carbine, Mines, Recon Droid

• ARC Captain: Dual DC-17 Pistols,  Mortar Launcher or Bolt Caster, Fusion Cutter, Health & Ammo Dispenser

• ARC Heavy Gunner: Z-6 Chaingun, DC-15S Carbine, Thermal Detonators

• ARC Jet Trooper: Stock
I am mostly done with the mod except for a few aesthetic issues.
There will be Phase 1, Phase 1.5, and Phase 2 versions.
Screenshots are attached.

Credits (so far):
Me: Unit & Weapon ODF and Phase 1.5/2 skins.
SleepKiller: ARC Jet Trooper model.
The Conversion Pack Team: Green & Yellow ARC Skins (slightly modified by me).
Ggctuk, Darth D.U.C.K, kinetosimpetus, AQT & Deviss: Phase 1.5 trooper & Addon Kama.
Ggctuk: Chaingun ODF.
OOM-9: DC-15s Carbine Model.
I don't know who made the DC-17 pistol, Underhand Chaingun, or Westar M5, but thank you.
Arc_Commander (I think): Blue Laser Texture.
Lucasarts/Pandemic: Creating Battlefront
George Lucas: Creating Star Wars

(Another note to Arc_Commander: I know I used some of the BFX assets w/o asking,  but I didn't use any of the source code so I thought it would be ok, I am sorry if I'm wrong)

nice! good luck with your mod. I think the captain should have some sort of explosive like a detpack instead of a fusion cutter though.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

March 31, 2014, 09:39:59 AM #2 Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:31:25 AM by CommanderAwesome
Quote from: Snake on March 30, 2014, 05:07:08 PM
nice! good luck with your mod. I think the captain should have some sort of explosive like a detpack instead of a fusion cutter though.
I think I'll add a timebomb or something. Though I'm not sure where else to put the fusion cutter, though (he's based off the pilot). Any suggestions?

EDIT
Quick question: for the phase 2 troopers, should I use the stock SWBF2 model or Icemember's remastered version?

You should use icemember's since they have more detail in the models.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Yea I'm using his 3.2 "Loaded Trooper" with one of my skins in a project currently on hiatus
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Kinda figured. But I though it would be good to ask since some people might prefer a simpler approach. Does anyone know where I can find a kama addon, like the one DarthD.U.C.K made that we see in Ggctuk's models?

Those kamas are "sewn" on the models. Even with the discovery of Addon meshes in SWBF1, we are unable to get them to work. So you will have to get some with kamas "sewn" on. Good luck!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on April 15, 2014, 03:40:52 PM
Those kamas are "sewn" on the models. Even with the discovery of Addon meshes in SWBF1, we are unable to get them to work. So you will have to get some with kamas "sewn" on. Good luck!
Well, I can't model, so i'll see if someone can do it.