[WIP]Ilum: Sanctuary

Started by Snake, August 02, 2013, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 16, 2013, 10:19:56 AM #15 Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:22:24 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Right, so you might want to keep world ambient (and character/vehicle) color the same (or close to it) the crystal colors.
Also, a little bit less detail on the crystal textures (so it doesn't look like a painted and transparent endor rock..), and more like giant chunks of pure crystal.
--
The sky would be VERY much like the ambient color of course, maybe a little brighter.

The real trick, will be the actual ground though... Unless you use absolutely 0 softening on edges and such...

edit: I found this, it would be a stretch, but it would be awesome ingame [spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 16, 2013, 10:19:56 AM
edit: I found this, it would be a stretch, but it would be awesome ingame [spoiler][/spoiler]

Ah yes, that's from the original Clone Wars series! It was a good series, though because it took place between the releases of Attack of The Clones and Revenge of The Sith, I can see why the series was cut so short. :P

Aside from my off-topic rant, I agree with Rick's images (which are from SWTOR), Ilum looks more crisp and jagged than what you're making it look like, Snake. I guess the SWTOR imagery would be a better reference than the Clone Wars episode I was suggesting earlier.

I thought so too; you can explore it it better detail than in the comic books or TV seires because we're limited to where we can see whereas in SWTOR you can actually walk around the environement.

Yeah, unfortunately that would take a lot of time, and more importantly, skill with modeling. (Which I don't have) so I have to make due. So I am trying to do the best I can with what is available. (Story of my modding career)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I second your sentiment, Snake.

I'm starting to see the value of a map that's done versus a forever-in-planning map that never appears.