[WIP]Bespin: Tibannopolis

Started by Snake, April 26, 2013, 09:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 26, 2013, 09:44:21 PM Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:47:44 PM by Snake
This was a request/attempt by Unit 33 to make a real movie-like Cloud City (A city on a huge platform). So that's what I am doing, since I am now trying to do some of the requested maps. This is not the story version of Tibannopolis, which was a rundown/mos eisley version of Cloud City. But let's just pretend this is Tibannopolis in its glory days.

You should know by now that I like intro stories  ;) :

-Imperials-
The Rebel scum have taken over Tibannopolis. Take your Infiltrator Legion and take them by surprise. Don't worry, Lord Vader dug up some dirt on Lando Calrissian and will blackmail Lando into giving aid with the local militia. He is running for his 3rd term as Governor and does not want his dark past known..

-Rebels-
The Imperials have launched an attack on Tibannopolis. The Militia has joined them, and we don't know why. Luckily, some have deserted and joined our cause. Take what troops you have and defend Tibannopolis at all costs! We need this as a base for retaking Cloud City.

-------

-Republic-
The "Seps" are occupying Tibannopolis with a small contingent of Super Battle Droids and Infantry. We have one Spec Ops Legion for you. Take back this lightly defended base so we can free the planet from the reign of the Sith. The Bespin Militia will aid you in your attack; they want to get rid of the droids as much as we do.

-CIS-
The Jedi have launched an attack on Tibannopolis. This caught us by surprise but no worries, we will handle their weak Clones. Unfortunately, the Bespin Militia has rebelled and joined the Clones. Kill all of them, whether they are traitors or not. Do not fail me..

Pretty awesome, huh?  ::)

Here's some new things I am going to try with the sides:
-Bespin Officers
You'll see in the pictures

-Ugnaughts
Not going so well..  :P

-Star Wars Realism
This spans from guns to the actual units. No more shooting someone a hundred times in order to kill them. Don't you think superheated plasma (or whatever it is) would be able to kill someone in just a few shots? Well, that's what I am going to try to do, while trying to keep the sides balanced. Another major change is the SBD. The SBD should not be as quick and nimble as a regular droid. In this map they will only be able to march, and be much bigger than stock. However, the weapons on the SBD will be incredible effective, and they will have plenty of health. (Basing off of the Clone Wars series)

P.S. I will also release a version with Stock Sides for you lame people.  :P

-A city in the sky!

-Better Jedi
Jedi won't be playable but they will be killable! Finally! They have lots of health but they are not longer invincible! However, they all have a force jump and a force power.

Pictures of what I have so far:
[spoiler]
Spec Ops Jet Trooper:

My attempt at a Ugnaught  :P (And all the guards doing some kind of dance for no reason..)

Battledroid

That awkward moment in every droid's life when Mace Windu is running at you..

Hydroponics Platforms - Seems like they would need that, right?

Spec Ops Jet Trooper (showing Star Wars Barrett that I skinned)

He's running for reelection  :happy:

Bespin Militia:

[/spoiler]

This should be released pretty soon, I hope I did Unit 33's idea justice!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 26, 2013, 09:51:44 PM #1 Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:54:06 PM by Phobos
This map looks great, I especially dig the hydro greenhouse dome over the platforms, and the ugnaught midget also looks great. Looking forward to this mod too, sorry I haven't had time to review your zombie mod yet. The screenies give a good impression of a bespin/tatooine hybrid map which should likely be enjoyable to play.

Might I also suggest placing a cantina somewhere on the map too  :xmastim:

Beautiful...

This shall surely be groovy gravy.

wow! nice spec ops trooper, lando lol :p

That pun was just terrible...

I love it.

Well, it's look's not bad, except low resolution floor textures, and Ugnaught... I may suggest, to connect Jawa body, and Gamorrean head, for this creature. Probably, it's can be done with hex crafting...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

April 27, 2013, 08:50:09 AM #6 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:06:39 AM by UNIT 33
That low res floor... are you using the great big resized platform tirpider made?

I tried to counter it by raising the terrain up to just above the platform and then using terrain cutters to achieve a floating piece of ground. But it takes ages so don't bother.

I suppose you could stick loads of those lego models around, but that would also take ages and would probably explode the object limit.

Quote from: SleepKiller on April 27, 2013, 07:10:56 AM
That pun was just terrible...

I love it.

Hahahaha, I was waiting for someone to notice  :P

Quote from: Sereja on April 27, 2013, 07:57:40 AM
Well, it's look's not bad, except low resolution floor textures, and Ugnaught... I may suggest, to connect Jawa body, and Gamorrean head, for this creature. Probably, it's can be done with hex crafting...

That's a good idea.. I'll have to shoot a pm over to tirpider.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on April 27, 2013, 08:50:09 AM
That low res floor... are you using the great big resized platform tirpider made?

I tried to counter it by raising the terrain up to just above the platform and then using terrain cutters to achieve a floating piece of ground. But it takes ages so don't bother.

I suppose you could stick loads of those lego models around, but that would also take ages and would probably explode the object limit.

I used the "BigCompletePlatform" I found in Squeddies assets. It is so terribly made but I guess that's cause it was made for SWBF2. It has huge holes in collision all over it so I had to us a billion col's to plug up the holes. I tried to resize the texture, which is why it looks so lame. I will have to find a balance between the resolution and the size of the texture..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 27, 2013, 10:52:25 AM #8 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:35:16 AM by -RepublicCommando-
I can get you a single model with no collision bugs, and a non-lowrez floor in a few hours when I get done with work.
Shall I shoot you a PM?

Edit: Ugh, XSI is fliping out and doesn't want to work with multiple textures, I'll let you know when it's fixed.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 27, 2013, 10:52:25 AM
I can get you a single model with no collision bugs, and a non-lowrez floor in a few hours when I get done with work.
Shall I shoot you a PM?

Edit: Ugh, XSI is fliping out and doesn't want to work with multiple textures, I'll let you know when it's fixed.

That would be awesome!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I like this! The one thing that bothers me about the stock CC map is that, well, it doesn't look like Cloud City in the film.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on May 02, 2013, 09:57:07 PM
I like this! The one thing that bothers me about the stock CC map is that, well, it doesn't look like Cloud City in the film.
ya i felt the same way.
i dont remember which one, but one of the xwing star fighter games had a pretty cool map that i thought would be much better for swbf, could make a good dog fight map
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

May 07, 2013, 06:16:08 PM #12 Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:20:10 PM by Snake
Ho-ly.Freaking.Crap. Would you all like to hear another story about my Mod Tools Curse?

Well, just note that this started by simply going over the hub limit.. Going over this hub limit made the Mod Tools Curse angry.. One cannot simply remove hubs to fix it, noooo, that would be FAR too easy. So I tried switching the edited planning file with a backup planning file. Seems like if all else failed, that would work, right? HA! Wrong. The angry Mod Tools Curse does not obey this human thing we call "logic." So, I went further into my bag of tricks to outsmart this Curse. I created a new map, and began copying tidbits of the original map, that I knew were working, to this new one. Upon finishing this, I tried to open my map in BFBuilderPro. The Mod Tools Curse caught me. I got the Script Error. It was wonderful. So, after slinging many objects around my room, I tried the BoPC fix to see if it would do anything. No harm in trying, right? Hahahahaha, silly human.. WRONG! I now cannot open ANY of my projects, or make new ones!

And these, my fellow humans, are the reasons I am retiring.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I had pretty much all the same problems a couple years back... It made me look like a complete fool xD
I have a 'Hard Drive' that plugs in like a flash drive, so I installed the tools on that, and it seems to work just fine..

I tried SleepKillers BFbuilder1.1 thing, but when I installed that, I put in on my Spare hard drive so I didn't mess up my finely tuned organization I have going on currently, and it worked just fine! But I recently installed the regular mod tools on the same drive, and wa-la! it works...
It is a pathing error of some kind, but its still pretty nuts, even for technology.

Maybe, if you eventually give up or something, send it over to me and I'll see if I get the same errors.

Were there spaces in the program path?