[WIP]Hyperion: Ancient Excavations (Zombies)

Started by Snake, March 18, 2013, 07:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 18, 2013, 07:26:15 PM Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:21:07 PM by Snake
Well this project has actually been going on for quite some time now, but it is nearing it's finishing stages so I figured I'd let you guys get excited for what's coming up soon.  :happy:

Get ready to try to survive on the best zombie map ever made for SWBF1! Explore an awesome map with many hidden hidden easter eggs (Plus a GIANT surprise if you can find it.  ;) ) while fighting massive swarms of zombies with the best weapons and units in the universe! You can play Story Mode (Select Galactic Civil War) or Arcade Mode (Select Clone Wars).

Story mode is completely Star Wars but has awesome weapons like the chaingun and flamethrower to annihilate the hordes of zombies. Get your zombie apocalypse buddies together and help each other survive!

Arcade mode is even funner. Fight as (undecided characters from movies & video games) with epic weapons like the Wunderwaffe! This is great fun for clan nights, or just having fun by yourself!

The Story:

On the lightly atmosphered moon of Hyperion, the Imperial Metals Corporation was sucking the moon dry of it's mineral resources. They discovered several species of mushrooms that prospered in their mining caves that soon became a pest to the miners. Many miners and guards became sick for unknown reasons after returning from an excavation. One day a group of miners never returned from their mining expedition deep into the caverns. When the news reached the camp rumors spread about a monster living in the caves, or some alien species was going to attack them for invading their planet. Search party after search party went looking but were never seen again. Even the commanders of the station were getting scared.. One day the camp medic found mushroom spores that had suffocated a miner to death by covering his lungs. The research facilities were immediately focused on these mushrooms and what they did to humans. The few miners that made it out of the caverns said they discovered many ancient alien ruins, which further terrified the remaining residents of the camp. Then, one terrifying solar evening on Hyperion, every dead miner, soldier, and commander were met once again...

Here's a lot of pics taken during the making of the map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

So basically here's the gist: You guys are going to love this map.  8)

Keep checking here for updates and added pictures!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

BEST.MAP.EVER

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Looks really nice! Looking forward to it!

Oh and I noticed you are using an older version of the flamethower. Sereja (and I think SK) have ported the SWBFII flamethrower to SWBFI. It looks and works a lot better than the old one. :)

So this is where those funny pictures you posted are from! Either way, looks epic!

I noticed for the Imperial metals sign you used the TeleMarine font (same font used by Tunngle), if anyone else didn't know already. :P

Definitely looking forward to this, though someone really should make a CoD based Nazi Zombies map, just suggesting.  ;)

After similar events on Miranda, and many other planets, this happens again, on Hyperion!
Such unconvinient casualties, it's a serious fail of imperial forces, and strike to it's reputation.
By the order of high imperial command, a new imperial protocol, of the prevention "zombie trouble" possibilities, should be in use immediately, at all colony, and mining facilities!
For now, we have only to wait for a map, and get ready to clean this mess...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

sweet, im really looking forward to seeing more moon maps.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 18, 2013, 08:22:32 PM
Looks really nice! Looking forward to it!

Oh and I noticed you are using an older version of the flamethower. Sereja (and I think SK) have ported the SWBFII flamethrower to SWBFI. It looks and works a lot better than the old one. :)

Where is this flamethrower?

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 18, 2013, 08:28:53 PM
So this is where those funny pictures you posted are from! Either way, looks epic!

I noticed for the Imperial metals sign you used the TeleMarine font (same font used by Tunngle), if anyone else didn't know already. :P

Definitely looking forward to this, though someone really should make a CoD based Nazi Zombies map, just suggesting.  ;)
Yeah I noticed that too after I made the sign but oh well, it still looks cool. :P I wish I could model good enough to make custom props for a Nazi Zombie map!

Quote from: Sereja on March 18, 2013, 09:29:10 PM
After similar events on Miranda, and many other planets, this happens again, on Hyperion!
Such unconvinient casualties, it's a serious fail of imperial forces, and strike to it's reputation.
By the order of high imperial command, a new imperial protocol, of the prevention "zombie trouble" possibilities, should be in use immediately, at all colony, and mining facilities!
For now, we have only to wait for a map, and get ready to clean this mess...

Yes, I agree.. The Imperials have been having lot's of trouble with zombies lately.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

im a zombies fan, so ill definitely be getting this map, and looking to play it with others. Was just playing around with phobos and it was pretty fun.
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 18, 2013, 08:28:53 PM
Definitely looking forward to this, though someone really should make a CoD based Nazi Zombies map,
same, and have to do the greatest map, kino
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: Snake on March 19, 2013, 04:43:06 AM
Where is this flamethrower?
You can probably ask Sereja or SK for the ODF, although I don't know if they are exactly the same or which one is better...

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on March 19, 2013, 02:56:15 PM
im a zombies fan, so ill definitely be getting this map, and looking to play it with others. Was just playing around with phobos and it was pretty fun.same, and have to do the greatest map, kino
the map phobos? where'd u get that?

Quote from: Phobos on March 20, 2013, 12:10:06 AM
the map phobos? where'd u get that?
I think he's just referring to the your Zombie map, not Phobos: The map.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on March 20, 2013, 09:48:16 AM
I think he's just referring to the your Zombie map, not Phobos: The map.
oh that map is breakdown's though not mine   ;)

Break down did a good job on that map, I've played it over and over, it just never gets old!
I certainly hope this mod will turn out some-what like that, looks good already.