SWBF -- can't move

Started by Joseph, August 21, 2013, 06:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, a friend is having a problem with his game that I've never heard of before. I'll paste the chat log here:

Conversation started between [FC]Joseph and [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: Wed, Aug  21 17:54:47 2013
[17:54] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: hey joseph
[17:54] [FC]Joseph: hwy
[17:54] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: ive had a problem with swbf
[17:55] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: thats why i havent played lately
[17:55] [FC]Joseph: what is it?
[17:55] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: when i start the game i cant move at all
[17:55] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: its almost like im having crazy lag spikes
[17:55] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: i know its not a problem with my internet
[17:55] [FC]Joseph: like you can get into servers but you can't move?
[17:55] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: because it dosent happen in cod
[17:55] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: yea
[17:55] [FC]Joseph: hm
[17:56] [FC]Joseph: and it happens in all the servers?
[17:56] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: yes
[17:56] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: all the servers
[17:56] [FC]Joseph: that's weird
[17:56] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: single player
[17:56] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: even on the home screen
[17:56] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: i have a second swbf game disk
[17:56] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: but i dont wana uninstall
[17:56] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: because i ve got a lot of mods
[17:57] [FC]Joseph: have you aske rage about it?
[17:57] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: i tryed asking rage the other day
[17:58] [FC]Joseph: I'm going to post your problem on the swbfgamers website
[17:58] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: but xfire said there was high lacetcy
[17:58] [FC]Joseph: because they will probably know about it more than I do
[17:58] [FC]EdS.Death {Khan}: ok
[17:58] [FC]Joseph: I've never heard of that happening before

Anyone have any suggestions?

Enable UPnP port forwarding and this will possibly fix the lag.

August 22, 2013, 05:05:54 AM #2 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:01:03 AM by UNIT 33
Thanks Phobs, i can move again  :) just a little lag but i should be able to fix that. Thanks for your help.

[EDIT]

Perhaps i spoke too soon... When i launched SWBF this morning i still had those lag spikes
[FC]Warlord.Death

So i uninstalled swbf and tried to run it. I was able to move on the main menu and in Single Player. The only problem that i have is that i can't move in Multiplayer....
[FC]Warlord.Death

When my hard drive got really full it would do that to swbf even in singleplayer
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I had a similar issue with lagging in singleplayer before, and it was really bad. I never did figure out the solution, but I just simply left my laptop alone for about a month with no SWBF, and it pretty well turned out alright. Of course though, I'm just going to assume you really don't feel like waiting for a month, or play on laptop.

Just throwing my two cents in on what resolved the issue on my end. :P

Do you have battlefront 2 or another game you can test on Tunngle to see if that's the problem?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

August 26, 2013, 04:19:37 PM #7 Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:43:30 PM by UNIT 33
Yes, I have BF2 and Cod4. I'll test them both on tunngle.

[EDIT]

Yea it's not Tunngle. It worked for BF2 and Cod4. I have the latest update for tunngle too.
[FC]Warlord.Death

well if reinstalling it didn't fix it and if hard drive space is the issue like snake mentioned then a good way to get some space is to put ALL videos that aren't really important like old killing clips and stuff or any large movies and just move them to a separate hard drive or delete them if it's junk.

if that isn't the problem just to make sure it's not Internet I would try to maybe run it at a friends house or a separate pc off a different Internet connection I know sometimes my primary pc lags like crazy with this Internet but my new pc at my house never lags. 

It could be FPS issue to try enabling show fps or whatever on xfire to see how much ur getting anything under like 30 is horrid to me but 15 and under could be making you unable to move or just look like a slide show.. but I guess if ur running cod then graphics shouldn't be the issue with swbf.

oh this last one is a little risky if you do the wrong thing but once I had a horrible issue with some old game unreal tournament and uninstalled it and reinstalling it over and over and after countless reboots it still would lag out or crash so I uninstalled it AND deleted all corresponding files in reg edit and then reboot then reinstalled it and it worked so maybe that helps.

sorry if nothing I said helps but hope it does lol

August 27, 2013, 06:50:14 PM #9 Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:44:20 PM by UNIT 33
Thanks Kish, I'll try these things and hopefully they work

[EDIT]
Alright it's fixed! Thanks for all of your help guys i wouldve never done it without you. Cya in swbf  :)

Quit double posting, it's freaking me out - Unit 33
[FC]Warlord.Death