Ipadress

Started by {ASFL}Cdr.Pain, June 16, 2010, 09:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Meicull on June 17, 2010, 04:15:03 PM
External Ip is ideal. When Ip internally in my shorts it is embarrassing.

umm....what?

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

When Ip internally in my shorts = When I pee in my shorts

Peeing in shorts is embarassing.

BTW, learning your IP is only the first step to hosting a direct connection. I hope you will be able to figure it out because it's always nice to have DC hosters around :)

i have a question. Since most people dont change their ip addresses wouldnt that mean that several DC's would have a ip address of 192.168.1.2 or 10.0.1.1 (depending on router)? or are those, once again, internal ip addresses?

Those are internal, Many people have their IP change every so often, ATM your IP is 74.177.136.40, it might not be next week, the way this doesn't happen is if you have a static IP.

My internet resets every 24 hours, and my IP chooses to change sometimes when it does.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Very few service providers give static external IPs.  They tend to use Dynamic IPs that change when their lease runs out.  A static Internal IP though is needed to host.  AS you have to Port FOrward to a specific IP that doesn't change.  If the Internal IP keeps changing you need to keep changing the Port Forward details to match the new IP.

Ha ha ! I keep Reading this topic as 'ipad-dress', just to let you know..

k, thanks for the info. I heard this in comp networking in school. probably was asleep tho