Star Wars Battlefront HALL OF FAME?

Started by Kit Fisto, November 22, 2012, 02:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was thinking, why don't we have a SWBF hall of fame? It doesn't have to be modding per say, just great contributors to the SWBF community! What do you guys think? Is it worth the time?

I think that a Hall of Fame would seem a tad "exclusive". Like if there's some dude that is already on the site and starts posting (like Ray), and they see this, they might wonder why they weren't on the Hall of Fame. As for contribution to the SWBF Community though, I think Led deserves that role. :P

Have you played the GGW Cantina map? It has a hall of fame of sorts, although it's fairly old.

I really need to play that map again...

That'd be a good idea. We should add some iconic people to a poll to see if they should be added to the hall of fame. Maybe we could have a little sub forum for people to post polls for specific people to be added..

For a start I'd definitely add Led
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well it wouldn't be a hall of fame without Led's name as #1! :cheer:

So are you guys all for this? Should I make a new topic with the actual list?

Honestly it sounds pointless (not to mention arrogant to think that the handful of people who post on this board are at all representative of the thousands of players the game has had.)

It would be a circlejerk basically

Doing a SWBF Hall of Fame bad idea. (For about the second or third time I am agreeing with Joseph here.)

Well of course it's not exclusive to those who post! For instance Battlebelk would be included and he has never posted here in his life!! :slap:
It would span over ALL of SWBF's communities. And anyone could nominate, but they have to have contributed somehow to the community.

I really don't know why you are so against it?! What's it going to do to you?

November 22, 2012, 04:38:55 PM #9 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 04:45:32 PM by Joseph
Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 22, 2012, 04:24:14 PM
Well of course it's not exclusive to those who post! For instance Battlebelk would be included and he has never posted here in his life!! :slap:
The opinions expressed certainly would be restricted to those held by posters.

Would the staff of the GGWs have been included had I not mentioned it just now? Maybe, but my guess is no. But they surely deserve inclusion. That's an example of why the hall of fame would be pointless.

My objection boils down to there being a massive deficiency on the sample of players we have here. The vast majority of players simply aren't here anymore, much less following this site. You're free to create a HoF if you want, but this bias would render it rather meaningless.

If the Hall of Fame were restricted to, say, the last 12 months, then my criticism wouldn't make sense.

The SWBF Community has evolved drastically over the years, and I don't think enough members here would care to remember the important contributors from 2005-2010 or so.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

It's a fine idea kit, with some fine tuning.  It could be HoF for SWBFgamers.com or active member of SWBFgamers.com or something more well defined.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I agree with SK, but Led's idea is cool I think..
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Buckler on November 23, 2012, 04:05:42 AM
It's a fine idea kit, with some fine tuning.  It could be HoF for SWBFgamers.com or active member of SWBFgamers.com or something more well defined.
Hmm. That seems a better idea than mine. Should we do that?