Tips

Started by Goldman, May 02, 2010, 08:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
you shouldnt need to see the mouse buttons to click :P

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

All apple mouses have horrible accuracy, are completely not ergonomically designed, and fails to left and right click at the same time. It should never be used for gaming. I use an stock HP mouse and it's marvelous.

#TYBG

I use a logitech wireless mouse and its great.  Yesterday i let my friend use my old apple mouse while i used my logitech mouse in an online game and he really sucked, mostly due to the mouse.  (His normal mouse, however, is an apple mouse with an extremely short cord and only one button)

My point in this is a mouse makes an enourmous difference.

would a type of mouse be better for gaming? i automatically know wireless isnt very good, but would fiber optic, trackball or another type be best?

Wired optical is best for gaming. Trackball is not good at all. Most gaming mice are wired and optical, though there are some that offer a wireless mode in addition to wired.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

ill look for some of those. Is a trackpad a must? currently i just use the wood on my desk as one. Another thing is that when i am playing a game like CoD i need a huge amount of surface area to aim. Do they make trackpads that cover a large area?

Quote from: Jedikiller on May 17, 2010, 04:53:31 PM
Wired optical is best for gaming. Trackball is not good at all. Most gaming mice are wired and optical, though there are some that offer a wireless mode in addition to wired.

Mine's wired and optical. It works great. It's pretty much as you said, trackball isn't good.

To be honest, trackball sucks. Wireless encounters many small issues that can overall affect your gaming.

Just buy a cheap 10$ mouse.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

If you get a high-sensitivity mouse then you can work with a very small area. With my mouse on full sensitivity I can rotate 360 degrees by moving about 10-12 inches across the mousepad. I don't think a mousepad is needed, though I have to use one because my table is made of glass and optical mice do not work on glass. I have a Razer Copperhead.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

yea i heard razer was the best. If i had a bunch of money i would buy one. The sensitivity issue is a fixable one for me, i just have mouse sensitivity turned down because honestly i dont have the cod4 skill to shoot at that high a sensitivity. I do like the multiple buttons on the gaming mice, gives more quick options for close range combat.

Because of the fibers in a mousepad, it becomes very comfortable to use so I would recommend using one. I used a 90's mouse pad and those are extremely high quality. Don't use cheapo Staples mouse pads that are rough, use one that's slightly soft of you put pressure on it. It'll work wonders.

Also just because a mouse is labeled Ergonomic doesn't mean it's the best mouse available. Use a mouse that you can personally feel comfortable using. I use a stock HP mouse and it's honestly the best mouse I've ever used. It's light, not bulky, and it's accurate enough to be gaming with.

#TYBG

ill check out best buy sometime

thanks for the tips
sam i am i am $3xy yes i am xD

My mouse is wired, wraped tight so not to loose it. Its got red eye lazer and I like the feel of the grip when I play swbf1. It gives me what I don't like to call good luck while jumping to places never before seen by some swbf1 players. Its dead.

When Sniping the tunnel don't move your aimer while you strafe, hold it in one place and move your player round on the pointer. This helps lots.

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

Quote from: ag on May 17, 2010, 08:06:37 PM
Because of the fibers in a mousepad, it becomes very comfortable to use so I would recommend using one. I used a 90's mouse pad and those are extremely high quality. Don't use cheapo Staples mouse pads that are rough, use one that's slightly soft of you put pressure on it. It'll work wonders.

Also just because a mouse is labeled Ergonomic doesn't mean it's the best mouse available. Use a mouse that you can personally feel comfortable using. I use a stock HP mouse and it's honestly the best mouse I've ever used. It's light, not bulky, and it's accurate enough to be gaming with.

OMG! So do I! they work so well!
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay