BF2 Kashyyyk

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, September 07, 2009, 08:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The Kashyyyk from BF2 is probably my favorite map in both battlefronts. C'mon, there's something for everybody. You have the sea wall (I don't care if it isn't destroyable) and the piers and platforms to snipe from, lots of open sky for jets, open spaces and enclosed places for fighting, vehicles to blow up, (We'd have to replace the snail droids with the other CIS tank though) see, there's everything all in one convenient map. I'd love to see a BF2 Kashyyyk for BF1, since as I already said, it's my favorite.
Thanks!

Ye! but i thought porting the map from SWBF II to SWBF I was inpossible? (i asked this on MXG i think)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Verik... How many have been ported already? A fair few. The thing is, it can be awkward, as the collision maps and other bits don't always port properly, meaning random points you fall through the floor. Scum and Strike did most of the ports, but they aren't modding SWBF anymore (least I haven't seen anything from them in ages).

My favorite too,would be great if someone ported it. Snail tanks would be great but they float on water in bf1

yeah the snails are a hover type vehicle and in water hover floats

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Yeah, know what you mean by falling threw the floor randomly. Have any of you guys downloaded the ported Utapau map? It's great. But over by hangar 10, at the very edge of it, you'll fall right through into that endless hole. But luckily, that one is WAY out of the way of the action, since as the rebels or cis, you don't really get to Hangar 10 until the end, and even then, you don't go to the VERY VERY edge. Unless you want to admire the view.

I love the map, too bad it probably won't be ported to SWBF I.  It is on in my top 5 favorite standard maps

Kashyyyk Beachhead is more terrain-driven than object-driven. So it SHOULD work.

BattleBelk has come up with a way to port the BF2 terrain, but it does leave a bit of a mess. It involves Hex-Editing the BF2 .ter file.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Awesome, I would do it myself if I knew HOW. Let me know if you hit any roadblocks or when it's completed or something like that. Thanks alot!  :tu:

I'd love to see this done, i don't think its the "best" map out there but it isn't the worst SWBF Map- and i know Napseeker wanted this map ported aswell.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I'll see what I can do with it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Let me know if you need help. I may give it a shot after Felucia is done.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I'm assuming that it isn't possible to port BF2 vehicles over to BF1. Am I right? Or is that possible?

I think most BF2 vehicles can and have been ported. If memory serves, ggctuk even released an asset pack a while ago with those that he did successfully port over, and a few people (including myself) have managed to independently port the AT-RT.  The only one which remains a problem is the BARC Speeder, due to the way the unit is seated incorrectly on the bike. That one might have to be remunged in order to be compatible with the driver seating in BF1.

Napseeker is right, I managed to port almost ALL of BF2's vehicles back into BF1 (although it requires a lot of ODF editing). The only absent ones ar ethe Snail Tank and BARC Speeder. If you will, Kashyyyk: Beachhead will be the testing ground to see if they can be made to work poroperly.

It's because the animation "barc9_pose" (Unit sat on a BARC speeder) is absent from the human animation bank. I found this out with the AT-RT anim too, so I re-added the animation into BF1 and it worked! I'm assuming that the custom maps call on their own common.lvl animation banks rather than the main "DATA" common.lvl, so I should be able to add the BARC speeder anim.

I plan to add turrets into the map, and all vehicles, via additional LVL files included with Kashyyyk (much like BF2's system of adding turrets by their own side lvl)

The only noticeable thing would be the treads on the Snail Tank - I have yet to figure out how to move them.
In Progress:

On Hold: