Changing yet again.

Started by tirpider, October 20, 2013, 01:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you have been following this program, then you know I have changed and rewritten it many times over. This is because of a couple of things. I'm not a great programmer, and I don't know a lot about what I am doing.

That said, I am changing it again. :P

This time, it will be in conjunction with an Object Orientation course I am following. It will be In C++ and I will chronicle and keep it's code and such here in case anyone wants or needs it for anything.

It will carry over some of the mistakes I have made with AutoIT, but I believe making the MSH addressable as a class will be better for the future of MSH editing in general and offer more flexibility in repairing my broken design decisions. It may even allow for the building of plugins for other software but my focus will be as a standalone MSH manipulation tool.

The new design will continue to carry the name SchMEe and I will still maintain it in the spirit of the EULA from the BFBuilder licence. So while I will make my code open, it should really only be used for SWBF stuff. This may change it needs to but not without due cause.

As for the AutoIT code, I'll attempt to correct any errors or whatnot till the C++ version is feature compatible with the old one. Then I will make a final build of the AutoIT SchMEe and pack it and it's source and an archive for historical record.

As always, ideas, criticisms, and general feedback are encouraged, and I will address it all as best I can.

Okay repeat what you just said but extremely dumbed down so that a 5 year old can understand
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

heh

I'm re-writing the program.

for what, XSI?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

October 20, 2013, 01:32:40 PM #4 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:37:41 PM by UNIT 33
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 20, 2013, 01:27:34 PM
for what, XSI?
Notice the board tirpider is posting in. Now understand.

Or alternatively read his post.

SchMEe is completely separate from XSI.

You could compare SchMEe to some of the one-off programs like meshtool or bconstructor, but it really isn't like them at all.

There is an FAQ at the top of this board. Feel free to ask any questions about it there or start a new thread about it. It's still kinda vague as to what SchMEe hopes to accomplish. I am hopping the rewrite will sort that part out.

You tools have seemed to be way more handy than bconstructor and meshtool or any of the other MSH oriented tools I've seen on gametoast..
It will be awesome after SchMEes final build..

How different is C from AU3 or other basic scripting languages? I hear you can do neato stuff with it..

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on October 20, 2013, 09:00:46 PM
How different is C from AU3 or other basic scripting languages? I hear you can do neato stuff with it..
I'm not sure why I am here and why I am posting. But speaking as someone who is currently writing a game engine in C++...

It's hugely different. Stick to a simple language unless you are planning a future in programming or have a solid understanding of programming already. You'll have a lot more fun. (Trust me it is much more fun to write in something like Lua than C++)