Every SWBFII LUA scipts uploaded

Started by Kit Fisto, June 29, 2013, 01:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 29, 2013, 10:11:20 PM
I read that fred was involved with Gametoast before he left. Is that true? Is Gametoast the SWBFGamers of SWBFII?
Wait, seriously? No, seriously? Haven't you done your research?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 29, 2013, 10:11:20 PM
I read that fred was involved with Gametoast before he left. Is that true? Is Gametoast the SWBFGamers of SWBFII?
you might have confused fred with belk (it happens). battlebelk posted on gametoast but i dont know if psych0fred did.

Quote from: Phobos on June 29, 2013, 10:23:22 PM
you might have confused fred with belk (it happens). battlebelk posted on gametoast but i dont know if psych0fred did.

Fred contributed a lot, but all his posts were deleted.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on June 29, 2013, 11:55:12 PM
Fred contributed a lot, but all his posts were deleted.
wow, deja vu there. did anyone happen to archive some of his threads there before they were erased?

June 30, 2013, 06:43:11 AM #19 Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:45:39 AM by Buckler
Quote from: Phobos on June 30, 2013, 12:16:44 AM
wow, deja vu there. did anyone happen to archive some of his threads there before they were erased?

I think his stuff was deleted in 2005.  If you visit the internet archive, you can see that he was also a moderator.  I've seen any of his posts though, but you can tell by the replies that it was him they were talking to.

visit this page and look at the xsi forum "last post" area:
http://web.archive.org/web/20061228194237/http://www.gametoast.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=index&POSTNUKESID=b97269a516aba094081305e7a0d966e1

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 30, 2013, 11:06:51 AM
Why would they delete his posts?

I can only assume it was by his request.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 29, 2013, 05:07:32 PM
I know that he released every SWBFI LUA, I was here and it wasn't ages ago!  :rofl:

And I also know the lua is different from the source code. I was saying that he seems to be giving both communities assets after a long time of not doing that. So what could be next, the source code? :D
Oh terribly sorry, I wasn't paying attention :panic:

Perhaps he had a falling out or something... couldn't we just ask the GT staff what happened?

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 30, 2013, 12:23:11 PM
Perhaps he had a falling out or something... couldn't we just ask the GT staff what happened?
We can ask I suppose but GT staff aren't as friendly as other (SWBFGamers) staff. You can ask them! :happy:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 30, 2013, 06:44:00 PM
We can ask I suppose but GT staff aren't as friendly as other (SWBFGamers) staff. You can ask them! :happy:
They are friendly enough over there.
None of them are monsters and they won't bite your head off for asking a simple question.
I've felt snubbed over there before, but I'm also a little hyper sensitive at times.
They do like their rules, though.

Quote from: tirpider on June 30, 2013, 07:10:54 PM
They do like their rules, though.
That's probably it. I guess I take this site for granted.

But I've had experiences when some people can be kind of nasty to me. Although I'm not sure if it's intentional.

Read their words a couple of times.  If they are suggesting you do something differently, then they may just be offering advice, in their own way.  Sometimes they get a little too critical, but it's because they are trying to really push each other to excel.

That's the impression I get, at least. It's a creative community and you can't really create when folks are deliberately trying to tear each other down, so I assume they are challenging each other to do better.

I may be dead wrong though. Not being very active on GT myself, I can't help but not feel like a part of their scene, but I wouldn't begrudge them the benefit of doubt.  We're all Battlefronter's after all.

(I said that??)

What was this thread about again? :P

Quote from: tirpider on June 30, 2013, 10:16:14 PM
What was this thread about again? :P
Ha! That's how I feel!

But I'm no too active on GT, it's really only when I have my SWBFII phase. When I play/try out a bunch of SWBFII mods. But I get bored and move back to playing Dark Times II for a couple hours.  :P

Besides this forum is my home whether I play Battlefront of not. Even in modding communities SWBFI people are nicer and more enjoyable to be on a forum with than SWBFII people.

I wonder why the communities differ so much from game to game? Even people who don't mod and only play SWBFII aren't as friendly online as the SWBFI people were. Why is this...

It's probably just a difference in perception.  Cognition plays a huge role in behavior development.

I don't run in the same circles that rock stars run in, and as a result, I would probably have a difficult time relating to them. They would probably think I was square (or whatever term they have for un-cool.)

I think we're supposed to be discussing Fred's release of the BF2 lua.  AH, that's how it turned to GT. SWBF2 = GT.

It seems there are some previously un released shell scripts in it.  So now they have more options for shell modding.

Quote from: tirpider on June 30, 2013, 10:16:14 PM
Read their words a couple of times.  If they are suggesting you do something differently, then they may just be offering advice, in their own way.  Sometimes they get a little too critical, but it's because they are trying to really push each other to excel.

That's the impression I get, at least. It's a creative community and you can't really create when folks are deliberately trying to tear each other down, so I assume they are challenging each other to do better.
Now I personally haven't really paid any attention to GT for around two years now... So I actually can't remember much about the community. But there is always a nice way to word stuff, I have a problem with people who refuse to use it. Now I am not sure if that even applies to GT, I was just going off your take on it.

I also think it is more likely that GT just lost a bunch of there old posts at one point, you need to go onto Internet Archive to try to find anything from the pre-modtools days.