Jetpack Addons

Started by tirpider, November 13, 2012, 05:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Jetpack Addons

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=827

PP90M1 - You asked for it :)
tirpider - msh editing
Pandemic - source materials

There are 4 jetpacks in this archive, all setup to be used as addon msh's.

add_inf_jt12_jetpack - the Merr-Sonn JT-12 jetpack from the SWBF1 Republic Clone Jet Trooper

add_inf_ph2_jetpack  - the jetpack from the SWBF2 Republic Phase II Clone Jet Trooper

add_inf_z6_jetpack   - the Mitrinomon Z6 jetpack from the SWBF2 Bounty Hunter, Boba Fett

add_inf_ph0_jumppack - the jump pack from the SWBF1 Imperial Phase 0 Darktrooper

For the addon to show up on the model, paste and edit the following into the unit's ODF file:
(replace "add_inf_pack" with whatever the addon msh is named.)

AnimatedAddon    = "CAPE"               //needs to be "CAPE". even if it isn't a cape.
GeometryAddon    = "add_inf_pack"       //name of the model to use without ',msh' extention
AnimationAddon   = "imp_inf_vader_cape" //must be present or game will crash.
                                        //be sure to include "imp_inf_vader_cape.zaabin" and .zafbin in the munged folder
                                        //they can be found in the "Lucasarts\BFBuilder\Assets\Sides\IMP\munged" folder
AddonAttachJoint = "bone_ribcage"       //name of the bone to attatch addon to.

Now you need to add the jet paramaters and effects.

For the Repulic Jettrooper jet effect, paste the following into the unit's ODF file:

//Regular Jetpack
JetJump               = "7.0"     //The initial jump-push given when enabling the jet
JetPush               = "7.0"     //The constant push given while the jet is enabled (20 is gravity)
JetEffect             = "jetpack" //"" or the name of the jet effect
JetType               = "hover"   //"hover" is the only value I've seen so far.
JetFuelRechargeRate   = "0.1"     //Additional fuel per second (fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
JetFuelCost           = "0.2"     //Cost per second when hovering (only used for jet-hovers)(fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
JetFuelInitialCost    = "0.25"    //initial cost when jet jumping(fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
JetFuelMinBorder      = "0.24"    //minimum fuel to perform a jet jump(fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)

For the Imperial Darktrooper jump jet effect, use the following:

//Darktrooper Jump Jet
JetJump             = "21.0"                //The initial jump-push given when enabling the jet
JetPush             = "0.0"                 //The constant push given while the jet is enabled (20 is gravity)
JetEffect           = "darktrooper_jetpack" //"" or the name of the jet effect
JetFuelRechargeRate = "0.025"               //Additional fuel per second (fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
JetFuelCost         = "0.0"                 //Cost per second when hovering (only used for jet-hovers)(fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
JetFuelInitialCost  = "0.5"                 //initial cost when jet jumping(fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
JetFuelMinBorder    = "0.49"                //minimum fuel to perform a jet jump(fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)

The setting's can be adjusted for different preformance.

Things I changed:
- All the msh's I handle have the polygons changed to mimic the triangles listed in the tri-strips. Won't affect it's preformance unless you are munging for the ps2 :P
- removed all special rendering effects (such as specular) from the msh's to minimize preformance issues.
- renamed the stock tga's for consistancy and to avoid stock filename conflicts.
- added .options for tga's that lacked one (thanks Sereja)

Bugs:
- The pack is not visible on the unit select screen.
   The engine seems to handle models differently on the unit select screen. I don't know how to fix or workaround it.
- The pack sits too far back/forward on the unit's back.
   I left the geometry in it's original place to line up with the stock jet effects.

POSSIBLE bugs:
- Units disapearing, randomly.
   This is usually caused by either a lot of extra triangles on the screen at once, or a lot of special or buggy effects.
   In this case, I was able to mitigate it by removing the "-hiresshadow" from the backpack's .option file.
   That removes the pack's shadow from the unit's shadow as well.
   It didn't eliminate the problem 100%, so there may be something I am missing. Sadly, it seems more prevalent with the Darktrooper Jump Pack. But since I don't have any props in my test world, the may just be too much being rendered at once.

The materials for this pack were sourced from the SWBF1 and 2 BFBuilder mod tools assets.

If you use this model in a side mod, map, or hex-edit, then no credit for me is needed. Just be sure to thank LucasArts and Pandemic for letting us play with thier toys.

Tools Used:
- 3D Object Converter 5.0(unregistered) (3D model viewer/converter)
- AEdiX v3.0.5 (text editor)
- OpenOffice.org Calc v3.4.1 (spreadsheet)
- XVI32 v2.52 (hex editor)
- AutoIT v3.3.8.1 (scripting language)
- My MSH tools built with AutoIT (TagSizeValidator.exe, MSH2chunks.exe, chunk2MSH.exe, SWBF_MSH_INFO.exe)

Special Notes/Legal:
- I'd like to thank George Lucas for the entirety of the Star Wars Universe.  It's evolution as a franchise is, in itself, an epic struggle and a tale worth telling. Through the victories and defeats your vision has suffered, we have all enjoyed and been inspired by it. Thank you.
- There is an enormous chance, that if you have posted a question or answer on SWBFGamers, GameToast, or psych0fred's secretsociety, then I have learned from you. Thanks for all your contributions.
- THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.  ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
- Now that Disney has purchased LucasFilm LTD, they deserve the same respect for IP as LucasFilm, LucasArts, and Pandemic. I don't have the legal phrase for it all, but if you are reading this, then you know what it means.  Don't misrepresent others work as your own.

-tirpider (tirpider@yahoo.com)
visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/

Thanks, needed these!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

November 13, 2012, 06:12:14 PM #3 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:07:51 PM by tirpider
I'll do the backpacks later (or sooner if someone needs them now.)

Till then, there is an addon backpacks archive that contains several jet and backpacks:
(gamefront link) Various_Backpack_Addon_MSHs.zip

It was uploaded by AQT and contains work from ANDEWEGET, DarthD.U.C.K., Deviss, and Syth.

edit-
Gamefront link is dead. Neat how their service has always been one dead link after another.

this makes all my units not work and crashes the match if i choose the team. what am i doing wrong

[GameObjectClass]
ClassLabel          = "soldier"
ClassParent         = "rep_inf_default_rocketeer"

[Properties]
UnitType            = "assault"
IconTexture         = "rep_gunner_icon"

GeometryName        = "rep_inf_arctrooper"
FirstPerson         = "REP\reparc;rep_1st_arctrooper"
GeometryLowRes      = "rep_inf_arctrooper_low1"
ClothODF       = "rep_inf_arctrooper_cape"

OverrideTexture     = "rep_inf_arc_green"
OverrideTexture2    = "rep_inf_arc_pack_green"

AnimatedAddon    = "CAPE"               //needs to be "CAPE". even if it isn't a cape.
GeometryAddon    = "add_inf_jt12_jetpack"       //name of the model to use without ',msh' extention
AnimationAddon   = "imp_inf_vader_cape" //must be present or game will crash.
                                        //be sure to include "imp_inf_vader_cape.zaabin" and .zafbin in the munged folder
                                        //they can be found in the "Lucasarts\BFBuilder\Assets\Sides\IMP\munged" folder
AddonAttachJoint = "bone_ribcage"       //name of the bone to attatch addon to.

//Regular Jetpack
JetJump               = "7.0"     //The initial jump-push given when enabling the jet
JetPush               = "7.0"     //The constant push given while the jet is enabled (20 is gravity)
JetFuelRechargeRate   = "0.1"     //Additional fuel per second (fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
JetFuelCost           = "0.2"     //Cost per second when hovering (only used for jet-hovers)(fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
JetFuelInitialCost    = "0.25"    //initial cost when jet jumping(fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
JetFuelMinBorder      = "0.24"    //minimum fuel to perform a jet jump(fuel is 0.0 to 1.0)
KadeEclipse

January 23, 2017, 11:08:01 PM #5 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:15:10 PM by tirpider
It all looks good to me.

Did you include animation files?
(imp_inf_vader_cape.zaabin and imp_inf_vader_cape.zafbin)

... wait a min.
ClothODF

When I made this pack I was working exclusively with SWBF1 (no cloth and various other differences.)
I don't think those zaabin and zafbin files will work with SWBF2. Someone with SWBF2 munging experience should though.

The ODF settings might be different as well. I don't know if they improved addons in SWBF2 or not.

The actual msh files should be fine though.

wait so what do i need to add to get this to work?
KadeEclipse

Quote from: Cpt Rex on January 24, 2017, 08:00:08 AM
wait so what do i need to add to get this to work?

You should remove the AnimationAddon, I believe that is no longer required in Battlefront II.

Kind regards,

CrazyGentleman

P.S. Apologies for further necro-posting this thread.
"The truth is of highest importance, and only with the truth can one move forward."

January 24, 2017, 08:36:07 AM #8 Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:43:44 AM by Cpt Rex
ok ill give that a go thanks

- no it still didnt work.

p.s - i am also sorry for nerco posting. Just really want this to work

this is my code

[GameObjectClass]
ClassLabel          = "soldier"
ClassParent         = "rep_inf_default_rocketeer"

[Properties]
UnitType            = "assault"
IconTexture         = "rep_gunner_icon"

GeometryName        = "rep_inf_arctrooper"
FirstPerson         = "REP\reparc;rep_1st_arctrooper"
GeometryLowRes      = "rep_inf_arctrooper_low1"
ClothODF       = "rep_inf_arctrooper_cape"

OverrideTexture     = "rep_inf_arc_green"
OverrideTexture2    = "rep_inf_arc_pack_green"

AnimatedAddon    = "CAPE"               
GeometryAddon    = "add_inf_jt12_jetpack"

AddonAttachJoint = "bone_ribcage"

//Regular Jetpack
KadeEclipse

These addons mesh are made for swbf 1, moreoever addon meshes diseappear when you jet jump. You nedd to attach the chunck with XSI modtool

And you need aniamted addon for swbf 2 too  ;)
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

cdt fox can you help me do this? i dont understand?
KadeEclipse

January 24, 2017, 03:36:46 PM #11 Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:38:36 PM by tirpider
Quote from: CrazyGentleman on January 24, 2017, 08:31:48 AMP.S. Apologies for further necro-posting this thread.

If an old thread needs to come back with relevant questions or information, it's not necro, it's consolidating effort and reducing new topic spam. (I hate sorting through a pile of threads where one would do.)

That said, I apologize for not knowing anything about BF2 and cluttering things up more. Just felt that since I put this topic out here, I should at least admit I don't know how to solve Cpt Rex's problem. (pretty sure it's something lost in the differences between BF1 and 2 ODF settings.)

January 24, 2017, 05:06:03 PM #12 Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:09:02 PM by Ltin
do you have the testapp thingy? (if you have windows 10 (i think earlier versions too) i dont think it works, but if you pm me i have a file that does).

The log from that might help. (its the equivalent of SPtest for SWBF 1, which i'm pretty sure also doesn't run on windows 10. If anyone has a file that works i would love to know.)

thanks for the help guys. i just really would like the p1 jet pack on the p1 rocketeer skin.
if anyone is willing to help, i would much appreciate it.
KadeEclipse