Request for some scripts

Started by Kit Fisto, September 30, 2012, 04:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys!
Could someone give me a link to the scripts for scum strikes Mygeeto and Mustafar?

those assets were not released by them
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Wait, so how do people like jdee and EA711 ( star fire mod creator ) make new scripts for those to be compatible with their mod?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 30, 2012, 05:21:08 PM
Wait, so how do people like jdee and EA711 ( star fire mod creator ) make new scripts for those to be compatible with their mod?
Experienced modders have no trouble making new scripts for a map that has been released when it is a simple one. Although it is always best to have the original scripts for stuff like memory pools.

So if I made a new lua then it would work? I want to change things in the gcw part of the maps...

With the Scum and strike maps just do what I did since they don't have any vehicles on them. You can just take a template map lua, change some filenames to reference (sounds), change the maxflyheight/minflyheight since that determines basically "ceiling" and "floor" of the map, have it reference the world lvl file, munge it, and you are so good to go.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

September 30, 2012, 05:38:13 PM #6 Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:46:03 PM by Kit Fisto
Jdee could you possible post your lua for mus1a and myg1a?  :happy: :P
Because I would have no clue what to set the hight/ fly stuff... :tu:
[spoiler]please? :D[/spoiler]

If not how do I know what to put for the "ceiling and floor" of the map?

Once you get your munger worker, the easiest way to learn what the commands do is to try it and see what works.  That is the way we all had to learn.  You however, have the advantage of the tutorials section on this site, to which many of us have contributed a lot, particularly with regard to mission lvl lua.

Um hehe, VMware isn't getting installed on my account after all. BUT, can a munger work without SWBF installed on a completely different computer ( my public library  :P )

Well, sorry to hear the VMware won't be installed for you.  But you can put the mission level builder (I made one just for you that makes a mission.lvl for one map) on a flash drive. 

In the library, be careful of viruses, both computer and real!

Ok cool! Thanks a bunch Buckler! I probably will just be making the maps have correct cp ownership and maybe skins!  :cheers:

You can't do the former through mission.lvl (Unless you just intend on inverting ownership.), however the good news is this is one of the few things macs can do. It just so happens that a tutorial written by Led exists http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3156.0 Good Luck.

I meant inverting CP's. Mygeeto has the wrong ones.  :slap:

The inversion is easy in mission, just switch attacker and defender for that era.

However the actual variables ATT and DEF must always stay 1 and 2. IMP, REP, CIS and ALL can be changed freely at will.