XSI and exporting

Started by Led, August 18, 2012, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 07, 2012, 10:53:26 AM #15 Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:47:06 AM by Ande
And if you munge it with the SWBF2 animation folder it crashes, too?
EDIT: I think zenasset.exe needs at least one material to work. So add a small primitive(eg a cube)to the scene(you can hide it) then try again. Pandemic used a cube as root for the celldoor.

No, the munge process crash only in SWBF1 munge folders.
So, here what I done:
1. I create cube primitive, and name it bone_root.
2. I add material, named Scene_Material to it, using Unique UVs (polymesh) projection.
3. I am add keyframe to it, just like I usualy done for similar named null before.
4. Export it with ZETools, as usual.

Result: it works for SWBF2, but crash, in munge process for SWBF1.

Still, the only positive discovery to me: I figure out, how to make collision for doors: all, I need to do, it is add some name of primitive to collision. For example: p_-svbot-cube-doorl, instead p_-svbot-doorl.
So now, I can make fully functional doors, but only for SWBF2 :(.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Hmm, OK. I'll try to get an animation into SWBF1 later today or tomorrow. Just have to refresh my modding-memory a bit... :D

Got it at last!!!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Hard to believe, but now, I am accidently figure out, how to make doors for SWBF1!  :)
The idea, with textured primitives, instead nulls, was correct, but it isn't all, what we should to know.  There is shold be not just "at least one material", there is should be no Nulls at all! :o Including DummyRoot, of'course! All of them, should be a textured primitives!

Interesting. Which exporter did you use?

October 14, 2012, 09:19:24 AM #20 Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:21:14 AM by Sereja
Quote from: Ande on October 14, 2012, 09:10:03 AM
Interesting. Which exporter did you use?
Yours XSIZETools_11_11_02_r4.
You should save the link for it. ;)
Still, known bug of this method: it crash in BFViewer, but anyway, works in game.

-Edit

Now, I know reason, why it crash: I used "no Nulls" bones.
So, I test it again, and here the solvation, I found:
All Nulls, should stay as Nulls. The only Null, that no doubt should be changed, to textured primitive, it's DummyRoot. That's it! :slap:

-Edit

Another sad issue, I found: the lowrez of the door, is never moove. :confused:
I wander, if that should be so, or I put it in wrong place of the hierarchy?

-Edit

Funny, but ZETools, give error each time, as I use any collision primitive, except cube... :confused:

You could try to make it a child of the bone. Or envelope it to the bone.
What error does it give? Did you name your collision primitive according to it's type?
cube primitive should have cube in its name.
Cylinder primitive should have cyl in its name.
Sphere primitive should have sphere in its name.
Examples:
p_cube_door -> cube primitive
p_doorr_sphere -> sphere primitive
p_column_cylinder -> cylinder primitive
p_ab_cyl_cd -> cylinder primitive

October 16, 2012, 02:30:53 AM #22 Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:46:19 AM by Sereja
I think, I name it correct: p_-svbot-cylinder-doord1 , but here the error:
[spoiler]' ERROR : Traceback (most recent call last):
'   File "<Script Block >", line 36, in exportbutton_OnClicked
'     export.export()
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 685, in export
'     self.do_export()
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 746, in do_export
'     if not self.write_msh(self.msh.pack()):
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Modules\msh2.py", line 122, in pack
'     msh2_data.append(self.models.pack())
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Modules\msh2.py", line 650, in pack
'     data = [model.pack() for model in self.models]
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Modules\msh2.py", line 488, in pack
'     data.append(self.pack_SWCI())
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Modules\msh2.py", line 538, in pack_SWCI
'     data.append(struct.pack('<f', self.primitive[3]))
' IndexError: tuple index out of range
'  - [line 35 in C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Logic\exporter.py]
' ERROR : Property Page Script Logic Error (Python ActiveX Scripting Engine)
' ERROR :    [33]     params.preview()
' ERROR :    [34]     export = andezetexport.Export(xsi, params)
' ERROR :   >[35]     try:
' ERROR :    [36]         export.export()
' ERROR :    [37]     except SystemExit:
' ERROR :    [38]         return
' ERROR : Traceback (most recent call last):
'   File "<Script Block >", line 36, in exportbutton_OnClicked
'     export.export()
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 685, in export
'     self.do_export()
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 746, in do_export
'     if not self.write_msh(self.msh.pack()):
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Modules\msh2.py", line 122, in pack
'     msh2_data.append(self.models.pack())
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Modules\msh2.py", line 650, in pack
'     data = [model.pack() for model in self.models]
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Modules\msh2.py", line 488, in pack
'     data.append(self.pack_SWCI())
'   File "C:\users\Serejenka\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZEtools\Application\Modules\msh2.py", line 538, in pack_SWCI
'     data.append(struct.pack('<f', self.primitive[3]))
' IndexError: tuple index out of range
'
[/spoiler]

-Edit

Funny, but all doors, I export, look's "pretty buggy" in ZE. Some of theyr parts, flashing all the time, and getting shiny, some of them just dissapear, and some of them (most funny) trying to mix, with other doors, or ammo recharge droids. :D
In most of tutorials, people say, the doors, can be visible in ZE, only if they got lowrez. So, here the surprise: doors exported with ZETools always visible, even, if do not have lowrez at all. Maybe becouse of this, they got very weird look's...

You always have to consider that most of these things were said by SWBF 2 modders.
Could you show some screenshots? Do they look normal in-game?

I fixed that collision primitive error BTW. It seems I only ever tested cube primitives...

Yes, in game, it works fine. But here, what I am usualy see, in ZE:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Could this be z-fighting between lowrez and your main model or something? Usually flashing happens if two exactly same models are at the same place so the engine can't calculate what to show first. Maybe try hding your lowrez?

I do not think, it's just fighting: if you look more carefully, you will see, how some parts not just flashing, but trying escape away, or join to ammo  recharge droid. I made variation, of this door, without lowrez at all, but it look's the same in ZE...

Do you have Export Animations checked when you export the model you place in ZE? I believe having animations in your .msh file does weird stuff to models in ZE... The models pandemic used to place in ZE(for example the celldoor) only have 1 frame of animation which doesn't move anything.

I just follow your guide:
door.msh - animation and basepose unchecked;
open.msh - animation checked and basepose unchecked;
basepose.msh - animation and basepose checked.

Ok. When I still modded SWBF1 I once tried to place a character as prop which messed him up. He 'exploded'. Maybe that's what happens to the door. However I assume you're placing the door as animatedprop or door, so they doesn't really apply. All SWBF1 doors have an idle animation, which is just the basepose.msh duplicated. Maybe try that. So you would munge basepose.msh, idle.msh and open.msh into the animation.