The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's an idea. a one man mission that involves some platform jumping. I'm planning it out right here and I'm probably gonna make it/try to make it happen.

Play as a Jedi/Sith with a high jump enabled and spawn one in a  series of small, floating, disconnected platforms on bespin or another terrain-less planet.
a few enemies spawn on each platform. Objective: kill all the enemies (droids, stormtroopers, anything, on a 3rd team), and destroy the cp on each platform as you go along. Keep going until you reach the final platform, a big space with room for battling.  a "boss" (Team 2) is waiting there patiently for you to get past all the stormtroopers. This "boss" could be a jedi, a Sith, a Bounty Hunter, a Magnaguard, a heavily armed droid, anything. and you have to fight them to the death.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Somebody should try making the Zann Consortium as a side mod...  it would have heroes like IG-88 and Tyber Zahn. :shrug:

We've got an IG88.

Not sure about the others :shrug:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

:tu: I've seen an IG88 in one of Napseekers maps but ive never seen Tyber Zahn...   ??? but would it be possible to use one of the models  from Forces of Corruption?

ps: im not a modder so i wouldnt know how... :dry:

An idea for a weapon: Orbital Grenade Drop

You shoot the beacon, just like an orbital strike, but instead of 3 giant lasers vaporizing people, a hailstorm of grenades rains down, causing widespread destruction.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

LOL, or better yet: orbital mines falling from the sky. That would be a sight to see. I just might put that on my bucket list. xD

Has anyone tried making the maps off of Star Wars EAW? I kno somebody made korriban but any others? :moo:

October 23, 2012, 07:57:32 PM #22 Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:59:33 PM by Josh
I have enjoyed the trenches at hoth, but, thats all the trenches there are in the game. Could anyone crack open some books on WW1 and make some map with tunnels and trenches?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I have an idea!

Alright, this might seem a tad tricky (actually, it might very well be), but I was thinking. I've seen some Earth-styled maps for SWBF 1 and 2, but there's one type of Earth-styled map I've never seen. A map, that takes place somewhere, in ASIA! Pic below is for an idea of what I mean:

Dunno if anyone can pull it off, though I think that would be pretty impressive. :)

December 18, 2012, 09:22:57 PM #24 Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:31:33 PM by Phobos
I want a nice swamp map. Something medium sized, with lots of foliage, brush, and several 'bogs' where you sink into the water and drown. If someone can make a realistic swamp map I will add frog croak ambience and stuff. Alternatively, a tropical rainforest map would be great too. Anyone who wants to make this I ask you to also add a few spawn nodes for locals team 3 and include the mission LUA.

Also I am looking for assets or help from anyone interested in making a realistic high quality moon base map. Earth's moon that is.

Here is a general idea of how I want it to look (i have a better sky texture, but i am really wondering if its possible to make the earth msh 'rotate' in the sky. Picture taken from another game
[spoiler][/spoiler]

any of the following assets would help with this map: astronaut gear, solar panels, satellite dishes, moon rocks, lunar rover, space shuttle, a US flag prop, etc.

de_dust2, uncapturable command posts.

:)

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on December 18, 2012, 09:44:28 PM
de_dust2, uncapturable command posts.

:)

I can do that.  Give me a couple of days.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Phobos on December 18, 2012, 09:22:57 PM
I want a nice swamp map. Something medium sized, with lots of foliage, brush, and several 'bogs' where you sink into the water and drown. If someone can make a realistic swamp map I will add frog croak ambience and stuff. Alternatively, a tropical rainforest map would be great too. Anyone who wants to make this I ask you to also add a few spawn nodes for locals team 3 and include the mission LUA.

Also I am looking for assets or help from anyone interested in making a realistic high quality moon base map. Earth's moon that is.

Here is a general idea of how I want it to look (i have a better sky texture, but i am really wondering if its possible to make the earth msh 'rotate' in the sky. Picture taken from another game
[spoiler][/spoiler]

any of the following assets would help with this map: astronaut gear, solar panels, satellite dishes, moon rocks, lunar rover, space shuttle, a US flag prop, etc.
Sereja's Dagobah conversion has a lot of those features. It is my favorite conversion.  :cheers:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=703

Since I am coming upon the end of my modding career, I have decided that I will start doing requests and joint projects so I will soon be starting on some of these ideas you guys have thrown out there. I won't do all of them but I will do some when I get a chance. Keep the ideas flowing!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

December 21, 2012, 07:27:57 PM #29 Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:14:21 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Alright, here's an idea, that I've got boiling. Tron: Legacy themed map/skins! Think about it, CC reskinned as a city from Tron: Legacy. Even the program suits would be awesome! Like CLU's Army vs the ISOs or something. :D