Looking for Fast Spawn modding info

Started by PyroJockey, January 25, 2012, 08:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The only different munging process that I know of for the PS2 is TextureMunge and ModelMunge. (Both shipped with SWBFII modtools.) The rest I'm pretty sure are the same.

Update: All the mods I made through hex editing for the PS2 version seem to work when applied to a PC version dedicated server. I think I'm on the right track, just need to find the right values.

Again, I think the PS2 version of the game is pulling some values off the lvl files on the PS2 disk and others downloaded from the dedicated server.

One example is I can edit the mission file and redirect the game to read different versions of a map file or sides file or from a different path, but not the ingame.lvl file. It appears that the path and name is either hard-coded or it's pulling it from the mission.lvl on the PS2 disk.

The same may be true for the HEX values I've tested so far. I'll keep pushing to find any that work. Maybe the number of ATT's on Polis Masa CW CTF. That should be a simple 2 byte edit.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there's the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Blowing s--- up since 1978

FYI,

I think I was right on the money for adding the other ATTE. There was a similar posting on Gametoast about it.

I think I hit all the right values but the PS2 version of the game is hard-coded to use the data set from the disk.

I think the same is true for the SetSpawnDelay. I haven't found any additional information that would say otherwise. (Yet)

Thank you all for the feedback. Ill bump this post if I ever resolve this.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there's the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Blowing s--- up since 1978