AH-6 Littlebird

Started by Nikoli, November 09, 2011, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
For the record, I don't care if you talk about exe modifications here (as long as it is not about defeating the copy protection), and I don't care if cheat engine is information is shared here.

Distributing an exe file though, should be discussed elsewhere.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thanks guys for the feedback. IIRC both ODFs work correctly but the later one had some tweaks for balance reasons. one problem that I did run into, was that the collision was kinda funky due to the rotors. Anyway I hope to post some more assets soon.

Quote from: Buckler on November 16, 2011, 11:03:35 PM
For the record, I don't care if you talk about exe modifications here (as long as it is not about defeating the copy protection), and I don't care if cheat engine is information is shared here.

Distributing an exe file though, should be discussed elsewhere.
Is removing the need to insert the game disc (no cd hack) considered defeating copy protection; or is that in reference to cd key protection? I think the cd key controls are stored a different exe than battlefront.exe (install\CDKey.exe)

Quote from: Nikoli on January 12, 2012, 01:33:00 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback. IIRC both ODFs work correctly but the later one had some tweaks for balance reasons. one problem that I did run into, was that the collision was kinda funky due to the rotors. Anyway I hope to post some more assets soon.
That is great news Nikoli thanks for your generosity to the modding community. Were the rotors difficult to make in zeroeditor?

Quote from: Phobos Developer on January 12, 2012, 06:04:30 PM
Is removing the need to insert the game disc (no cd hack) considered defeating copy protection; or is that in reference to cd key protection? I think the cd key controls are stored a different exe than battlefront.exe (install\CDKey.exe)

I think that the CD check was intended to prevent software piracy.  (Which is unfortunate, since that is the thing that keeps us from going to 1.3 beta.)

Quote from: Buckler on January 12, 2012, 06:08:57 PM
I think that the CD check was intended to prevent software piracy.  (Which is unfortunate, since that is the thing that keeps us from going to 1.3 beta.)
Very unfortunate, but also understandable from a marketing perspective. The developers main concern was making money off this game and this is why they incorporated protection features.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on January 12, 2012, 08:12:01 PM
Very unfortunate, but also understandable from a marketing perspective. The publishers main concern was making money off this game and this is why they incorporated protection features.
Fixed.

January 12, 2012, 10:30:25 PM #21 Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:32:13 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on January 12, 2012, 09:09:41 PM
Fixed.
No need to try fixing my post it's fine the way it is. You think the people developing the game had no interest in money? They only developed it because they got a paycheck for doing so. Name me at least two pandemic/lucasarts developer who volunteered their work for free (and u can't say psych0fred on this) and I will accept your fix. Yes publishers, but also developers. Everyone listed in the credits, even George Lucas himself made a profit from this game. And I'm glad to have supported them when I bought the game from the store.

*THIS POST IS BLANK BECAUSE I KNOW Phobos CAN NOT BE CORRECTED WHEN HE IS WRONG* (I'm not shouting btw. just doing the *MESSAGE HERE* format)

I think you were just adding to my post, that is to say neither of us were wrong.

Well, this is taking this topic off course, but I do hope the developers made money off this game--they certainly deserved it!

BTW, since CD checking is probably for defeating piracy/copy protection, those discussions should be left off of this forum.

topic locked.

Nikoli, if you release assets, please make a new post.  (Sorry for the hijack :) )