[Solved]BF2 cloth in BF1

Started by tirpider, November 02, 2011, 11:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 02, 2011, 11:26:19 PM Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:41:42 PM by tirpider
We have all read about how cloth doesn't do well in BF1. (What I've read is that it doesn't work at all.)

Has anyone tried switching the ModelMunge.exe in the BF1 tool bin for the pc_ModelMunge.exe in the BF2 tool bin? (with the intent of getting additional features working?)

They are different programs, but they should use simular .option switches and I would imagine they output simularly munged files? Or is the cloth code hardwired into the battlefront executable?

I will test on my own, just curious if anyone else has tried.

-edit- changed title to solved :(

Yeah I tried it attempting to solve collision problems. The models crashed in game. But don't let me stop you from trying you may have better luck. :shrug:

It figures.

Just got finished poking around the resulting .model files.
They do in fact have a CLTH reference in them. I was hoping (imagining) that the ps_ModelMunge.exe had some magic way of turning cloth into a plain old mesh. ::)
It does, but still calls it CLTH and treats it different than the rest of the file.

Thanks for verifying the crashing bit too.  Helps cement it in my mind that the cloth just isn't gonna happen in BF1.