Browser hide-ability

Started by Soap Mactavish, June 01, 2010, 01:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
fathers day is coming up and my dad has really been wanting a mac so i was gonna do the next best thing and make a hackintosh for him. The only problem is that his bank only supports IE for accessing it's site. I was wondering if there was a way to disguise Google Chrome to present itself to the website (Bank) as IE.

*extra info*

Chrome does indeed support the bank, the bank uses no protocols that Chrome doesnt support. I think the issue is the fact that the bank only allows IE users for some reason unknown

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

i seem to be getting an error from Chrome saying that the profile i specified doesnt exist an i need read & write privileges.

Please note that after doing this command i changed my permissions for the file to read and write and i applied it to all inside files. After trying the command again i got the same error message. 

i am currently on an admin account, ill try and get on a root account. However, all ik of how to attain a root level state is the sudo command. How exactly do i log onto the root account on my computer?

can i just run the command you stated earlier with the sudo command?