New laptop

Started by Millionaire, May 17, 2010, 07:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, I'm going off to college next year and I'm looking to purchase a new laptop. Right now I am operating a mac, but I am willing to change platforms if anyone can give me a solid reason why I should.

I am looking for a laptop that can withstand nearly 75 GB of music, music editing software, and photoshop while still being able to play an online game when I feel the need. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should get? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Millz

If you got the budget, I'd stay stick with a new MacBook since you're into music and a bit more on the creative end.

If you're capable of operating Windows (I'm pretty sure you can but unfortunately some people cannot) and if you're ok with playing online games in lower settings, you could always go for a Windows laptop, however make sure it's not one of those integrated graphics ones. Laptops can bit a bit tricky when it comes to gaming since they aren't designed for it.

Just my opinion. :)

#TYBG

If you want something that can play games check out the alienware laptop lineup.  They are as close as it comes to gaming laptops.  I would suggest stucking with macbook though if you can afford it.

Indeed Alienware's overpriced. Not only that but they're too heavy and too big to be called laptops. I bet you can't even put it on your lap without it burning hot...

#TYBG

Ok ok no more alienware

May 18, 2010, 03:57:07 PM #5 Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:39:18 AM by Soap Mactavish
i just checked out apple.com and apparently they have updated their macbook again.

www.apple.com/macbook

Looks really good and should be very helpful if you need a computer to last the whole day on a single charge. Still its apple and a little on the pricey end, but it looks like it could be worth it. the 1000$ macbook actually specs out my recent Macbook Pro. Game selection for Mac is still pretty poor but is increasing (wont even be close to Windows tho). Mac also has some pretty cool standard programs that will help out if you like to do creative things on your computer. 

update

cnet put in their own opinion on the macbook

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20005241-1.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

i agree, if it wasnt for the macbook pro looking better (and i5 processor and GPU) i would have just gotten the Macbook and used the extra money fro something else.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon