Ideas - Theta Squad Objective Two

Started by Breakdown, February 08, 2009, 03:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey MPCG,

I've been thinking of starting on Objective Two, and I was wondering, is there any improvements from the first one you would like to see? Unit wise, because I will be choosing the map itself.

-Breakdown

well maybe some more wookies because every time i want to play (on the wookie side) i loose :( (this NEVER happens so)
and give the wookies a bow or something like that (so they can shoot)
well i hoped it was a map you needed the skills so you might end all alone again 5 other or something like that

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: "Master Verik"well maybe some more wookies because every time i want to play (on the wookie side) i loose :( (this NEVER happens so)
and give the wookies a bow or something like that (so they can shoot)
well i hoped it was a map you needed the skills so you might end all alone again 5 other or something like that

A Wookiee would be nice, but not a bow and arrow. Let me pull out the Theta Squad myself and play it. I'll need a download since I wiped my HD a while back.

Theta Squad Objective Two will not have wookies, as it will be on a different planet. (Which has been chosen)

I need usggestions how to make Theta Squad a bit less overpowered.

well in that case  
no healing there self
you can do normal shotguns or something like that instead of the power guns make them cool by adding a cape :D
or like types on there costume (like red by black)
and NO havy wapons or recons

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

The Theta Squad as a Single player level is perfect, its very even. if you play it Co-op style you are a bit over powered, unless fighting human Wookiees aswell, so my suggestions would be:

Lower range of the shotgun and remove the zoom ability, shotguns just don't need it.
For the unit with the Special Carbine (Rifle) the Model and Texture needs updating :P - along with first person (arms) for the Theta Squad

Other then that- its all in the planning of the units fighting against the Theta Squad that chooses whats "fair" weapon wise
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Make Clone Wars Era the SP version, with 4 troops vs ALL, then make a Balanced MP version for GCW Era, you can setup custom sides to reduced the final size of the mod, and call everything you need for CW in GCW with the mission.lua.

I did pretty much the same thing with my old RC Geonosis mod (which has been lost and never found as far as I know), but not all that successfully.

Also, new commando model in my assets thread, and if you search through the stuff I have on filefront, you'll find a dc-17m weapons system there.

Instead of dumbing down Theta Squad, why not beef up their enemies? Howabout it's Theta Squad vs. Rebel Commandos? You could make the sides roughly analogous in strength and weapons. The Rebel Commandos are the Rebellion's elite fighters.Give them a map with 6 or something CPs and let them loose? Also some vehicles might make the non-Theta-Squad-side a little more up to the fight.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Quote from: "El Chupacabra"Instead of dumbing down Theta Squad, why not beef up their enemies? Howabout it's Theta Squad vs. Rebel Commandos? You could make the sides roughly analogous in strength and weapons. The Rebel Commandos are the Rebellion's elite fighters.Give them a map with 6 or something CPs and let them loose? Also some vehicles might make the non-Theta-Squad-side a little more up to the fight.

While vehicles do make it more realistic, they make it unfair in multiplayer.

**bump** The Mine Launching (i've managed to launch from back beach house CP to lower beach Cp) of the jet troop unit makes a rather well armed "anti" vhic unit if needed IMO along with the flash nades and so on of the other Theta units. Tho i should say the wookies would have had the upper hand if they were to take out one with the nade launchers, sticky recons, and rocket launchers :P

In any case, i think more so if you make another it should be more based on optimizing, pulling everything for more realism and then making a vs team.

If you wanted to take the idea of El Chupacabra's for the GCW era (Even MP era) you could make those MP units a (Rebel Spec Ops, there are no true Rebel Commandos) and say the story goes as they came to save the people you were fighting or to hold the planet ect ect whatever your story may be, brings the MP version into the story aswel, along with making the sides able to be even, however this would make it harder to keep the units even, and a good deal more work for you. so it would be up to you.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

One thing I noticed in  Objective One is that the Commandos when they run often glitch and look like they are running with their bottoms on the ground but they are still standing. Is there any way you can fix that? I really like Objective One!
Legos, the greatest toy known to man

Quotes from the battlefield.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!", "Bu-bye!" - Clone Trooper

"Bang", "We need more troopers like you!"- Stormtrooper

"Failure is NOT an option. Fight HARDER!" - I made him mad (=9)

Hey,

We generally try not to post in topics over 30 days old here unless we have something of importance to add. Make sure you check the date of the last post before you post.

In this case, it would be best to PM BD by clicking on the little speech bubble below his avatar.

Thanks!

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)