overriding a map fx file trough lua ?

Started by wsa30h, February 02, 2021, 01:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
is it possible to load an world fx file for rain and weather effects trough the lua and override the one that is munged inside of the map lvl ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

pretty sure fx files are not loaded in with lua, only the map that contains the munged fx.  So, you can load in a new world without fx over the top of the first world, but not sure that gets you anything.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

so could i load in a second copy of the world with this new fx and overwrite the one in there but loading two different copies of the same map in the lua ?
-- bf1 tcw battles

yes.  But you could do the same thing by just loading the map without fx.

In the past, i have loaded Bespin CloudCity + Platforms in one map.  Try it, it is fun  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

We talked a little bit about this in Discord, but you should be able to load in any of the smaller files (you see in the _BUILD_PC folder when you munge) after you load the world.  There's possibly some memory issues associated with it, but for his purposes it did work.

CC and Platforms together is fun :D
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

what do you mean memory related issues ?
-- bf1 tcw battles

Memory issues:
There's only a finite amount of memory you can use for the world.  Probably what is happening is NOT that you are "overwriting" but "writing on top of" what's already there, which for a small map is probably not an issue, but if there's a big map and you start loading in more stuff, you're going to crash it.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.