Hello all (just got star wars battlefront 1)

Started by Exiled Courtney, October 30, 2020, 02:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello all I am new here. Oh also names courtney lol. I mostly joined because I heard this is the place to get quality mods lol.

Anyway I have never played star wars battlefront 1 (2004) before. I have played battlefront 2 (2005), then battlefront (2015), & battlefront 2 (2017).

Though I would say my first experience with star was battlefront was a ps2 demo disc that had a demo of battlefront 2 on it. All you could play was endor in instant action & you had a 10 minute trial of the campaign (the utapau campaign mission) I would always make it to the general grevious fight but then the 10 minutes always ran out as soon as I got there lol but I used to play instant action endor over & over again as a kid. So that ps2 demo disc was played a lot just for the endor instant action map lol.

Though I did eventually get the full game lol.

Anyway star wars battlefront (2004) was recently on sale for 4.99 on GOG & figured I would get it & got to say I am enjoying it lol.

Also I have a piece of junk laptop from 2012 that really can't run anything lol. Though I was surprised to find out this piece of junk laptop can run star wars battlefront (2004) at max settings I did get star wars battlefront 2 (2005) as well but eh everything isn't running at max like battlefront (2004 does) & playing battlefront (2005) made it feel like the laptop was going to over heat & possibly explode lol.

So eh I uninstalled battlefront (2005) & figured I won't refund it & keep it for when I am able to replace this piece of junk 2012 laptop lol. I mean like I said it ran great no fps issues or anything but eh once again made the laptop feel like it was going to explode though while battlefront (2004) runs on all max & stays nice & cool lol.

Anyway eh yeah that's about it lol. So hopefully you will see me post in the forums sometimes other then that mostly came here for the quality mods for battlefront 2004 I heard about lol.

Welcome to the site, there's plenty of great mods here. Serejas are good ones to start with although you might have to turn down the graphics on older computers.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on October 30, 2020, 03:23:13 PM
Welcome to the site, there's plenty of great mods here. Serejas are good ones to start with although you might have to turn down the graphics on older computers.

Thanks I did with battlefront 2005 but it was still heating up like it was going to over heat lol.

For battlefront 2004 it literally runs on max flawlessly & does not heat up so eh go figure lol.

Also thanks for the advice yeah I heard serajas has great maps also downloaded most of the maps that converted battlefront (2005) maps to battlefront (2004)

Do you know any mods that add in playable jedi's or even heros besides mos eisley hero assualt mod/map?

Welcome to SWBFgamers!
BF1 will run on a potato - I have a budget laptop from 2010/2011 that can run the game at reasonable settings. Glad you picked it up!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on October 30, 2020, 05:05:36 PM
Welcome to SWBFgamers!
BF1 will run on a potato - I have a budget laptop from 2010/2011 that can run the game at reasonable settings. Glad you picked it up!

Then eh figured lol. I wasn't going to pick up battlefront 2 (2005) figured it would run as well as battlefront 2004 but guess not lol. I mean it runs flawlessly with the default settings but then eh the way it heats up is crazy & don't want to break the only computer I own lol. Only mod that's a bit demanding I have found is the scariff map mod for battlefront (2004). Though I like that map/mod figure it's the best map to come out of the EA battlefront games as long as I don't play it on a daily basis it should be fine lol.

Anyway thanks for the welcome & can't believe I have never played battlefront 1 (2004) until now lol.

Couple days late, but welcome to the site!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.