I am hosting some events

Started by iamastupid, May 19, 2019, 03:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 19, 2019, 03:57:58 PM Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:52:22 PM by Anyder
While this technically also applies to Console Gamers, the first event is for SWBF1 PC so it would be better placed as a topic under PC Multiplayer.

Basically - I will be holding a series of stream fests of one of the SWBF games multiplayer on a specified date with as many people as possible, trying to get as close to the server limits as possible and try to recreate some of those good'ol days back before player counts dwindled in the 10s at max. It will start with a simple hosting of stock maps on a modified server on the 2 games across the functional platforms (PC and PS2), dependant on how many players connect during the event decides whether I continue to host events similar to them, but different in order to avoid repetition.
Perhaps if players have knowledge of these events, with enough word of mouth in would be more incentive to play than the small group events nightly which have been running for a long time and have gradually become more reclusive being between only a few players.

The end game is really just to get as many players playing as possible, seeing if it is possible to boost the attention to multiplayer for a short while, I would love to host mods on multiplayer but the organisation behind that is quite difficult, getting everyone to have the same mods, finding mods that will run with dedicated servers for swbf2 and many other things are quite difficult.

Edit by Anyder: No piracy links allowed in here. Please, I already warned you in the Discord Server, stop posting them.

The SWBF1 Event for PC is tonight (25 May 2019) at 6PM BST (GMT+1), in case anyone here who hasn't joined the Discord is interested.

Note to Anyder: [spoiler]If I am warned about something, I tend to act upon the warning to correct the mistake, in this case - I don't see a Piracy link anymore, and haven't since you warned on discord, the day before you removed it from here - you could've at least checked.[/spoiler]

Quote from: iamastupid on May 25, 2019, 02:22:39 AM
The SWBF1 Event for PC is tonight (25 May 2019) at 6PM BST (GMT+1), in case anyone here who hasn't joined the Discord is interested.

Note to Anyder: [spoiler]If I am warned about something, I tend to act upon the warning to correct the mistake, in this case - I don't see a Piracy link anymore, and haven't since you warned on discord, the day before you removed it from here - you could've at least checked.[/spoiler]
I did check the link before giving another warning. If you've removed it recently, fine, but don't tell me that I am wrong, when I double check everything.

Thanks for your time.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com